Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eagles

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Went last night - it was a fair show. I went as a mate had a spare ticket. Had I known that the £50 tickets came with a just booked visit to the chiropractor I wouldn't have bothered as we were squashed into THE most uncomfortable seats one row from the very top of the O2. Musically the first half with all the very old acoustic stuff was better in my opinion although Joe Walsh is always good value.It's about as rocky as my mate likes and probably the least rocky that I get but there ya go. It's the "pension" tour and they're raking in as much as they can which is why ticket and merchandise prices were extortionate. It's 38 years since I last saw them and I think they were better then. I did get a little feeling of "we're just going through the motions"

paul wickens

Wicko1
Dec 23, 2011
I'm going on Friday night. Can't wait.
On a related issue. Does the phrase ' Jonny come lately... JCL ... Originally come from The Eagles hit song 'New Kid in Town'?

Steve in Japan

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Saw them a few years ago in Singapore. Hearing one of life's survivors singing "life's been good to me so far" was quality. And Glenn Frey's voice is holding up well.... "waiting in the weeds" is a great song.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Went last night. Blagged some seats very near the front. Their music will never blow your socks off but at times it was very moving. All their voices are holding up - the guitar work was great. And this solo was very special:

[yt]71JlkplyviI[/yt]

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Well it was very good tonight - Joe Walsh can play that guitar and the vocals were spot on

superpaw

Oct 18, 2008
Well it was very good tonight - Joe Walsh can play that guitar and the vocals were spot on
Definitely was. How he still plays like that after everything he did in the 70s and 80s I'll never know. By rights he should be dead!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'm going on Friday night. Can't wait.
On a related issue. Does the phrase ' Jonny come lately... JCL ... Originally come from The Eagles hit song 'New Kid in Town'?

I know The Eagles are knocking on a bit, but the expression is 19th century. Mind you, I'm sure on NSC it must have come from the Steve Earle song of the same name on his Copperhead Road album!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Saw them at Twickers a few years back where the supplier paid, very expensive I understand but they were very good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here