Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Germans

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I've not seen a world cup team anywhere near capable of beating the Germans. The dutch always collapse under the German pressure and our founding fathers always win penalty shoot outs so only need to draw games in the knock out stages. Germany for World Cup 2014 . . . get all your savings on it now! :thumbsup:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Personally, I think whichever team wins this WC, it'll be a S. American one.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Germany have only played one game in this tournament...against one man (half fit Ronaldo) team.
I'll make up my mind once they've played three games.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
They certainly were impressive against Portugal but they're not the only team to stand out so far.

Chile, Mexico and Columbia are three sides who would give them a decent game.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Germany would DESTROY brazil that's for darn sure.

Disagree with this, Brazil have been poor by the high standards they set themselves yet still top their group. They will only improve as the tournament progresses and if they manage to hit the form they showed in last years confederations cup they will be the team to beat.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Germany are undoubtedly decent but all they've done is beat an ordinary Portuguese team that didn't turn up and, when they did, had someone stupidly sent off.

There's not enough form there to draw a conclusion.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Disagree with this, Brazil have been poor by the high standards they set themselves yet still top their group. They will only improve as the tournament progresses and if they manage to hit the form they showed in last years confederations cup they will be the team to beat.

Agree,Brasil always take a while to get going..

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
I might be alone and wrong, but I reckon the Fffffffrench will do alright in this WC.

However, I am hoping Mexico make the final for my sweepstake hopes! :shootself:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Only one striker in the squad and he's 36. That could be a problem, particularly if they fall behind in a game and need a goal. I'm not ruling them out by any means, they're German, they're always going to be good at negotiating a tournament format, but I still think Argentina's FIREPOWER means they're the favourites.

The have SO many players capable of scoring, I think the 1 striker thing is a bit of a red herring, as a lot of modern teams play with these new-fangled wing striker type players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here