Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England. Tomorrow style of play ?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I'll think they'll come at us from the off. We need to weather the early storm. They will leave gaps at the back and we'll pick em off on the counter , They're not that disciplined at the back, and we should get chances. :thumbsup:

Hamilton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Throw caution to the wind!

Attack attack attack.

I'd sooner go out now watching an entertaining England than watch us stumble through and go out with a whimper later. This World Cup is not about winning - it's about entertaining and growing in confidence.

I'll have higher expectations for the Euros.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I agree.

But after we've weathered the storm.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Hehe. Let them run about like headless chickens for 20 minutes - Then give it to em!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
They are shocking at the back, we played very well despite losing to Italy & the rainy, 17c weather couldn't suit England much more.

G'wan Engerlandddd

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Do England have a style of play?
A bunch of players drawn from teams that play different styles of football, and don't really gel when they're on the pitch at the same time.

You obviously didn't watch the Italy game. We had a very clear, defined style of playing. Looked pretty bloody good too.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
More of how we played against Italy. We may have lost but I thought we played quite well and I enjoyed the match. We are not going to come anywhere near winning the thing so let's at least try and entertain on our way out the door.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
More of how we played against Italy. We may have lost but I thought we played quite well and I enjoyed the match. We are not going to come anywhere near winning the thing so let's at least try and entertain on our way out the door.
This. I say play to our strengths and see how far it takes us. Our pass completion rate has been 3rd best in the tournament so far, and we look threatening when we attack.

Tika-taka on the edge of our box looking to build out slowly waiting for a devastating forward run from one or two diminutive forward minded players is NOT going to work with this team. It's not our game, and we don't have the skill or patience to do it.

Attack with purpose, and let Gerrard and Henderson get the ball forward early sometime with clever, rangy passes that switch the angle of attack, looking to get behind their back four quickly but at the risk of yielding possession a little quicker than the very best teams - this is how we should play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here