Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goodbye Spain

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Well,let's hope we don't follow suite tomorrow night..

Everything that has a beginning,has an end,everything that ends,in time,will rise again..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Germans will take over now

Well,if,if they do,then fair play to them,they showed promise last WC,and Capello had the chance,to strip our squad down to the bones,play the youngsters,add as we went along,and build a team....

Can we meet them in the Qtrs? possibly?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Shame really brilliant for last 10-12 years. Wouldn't care so much if we were the ones to jump into the their place but it's going to be the krauts :cry:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Well,if,if they do,then fair play to them,they showed promise last WC,and Capello had the chance,to strip our squad down to the bones,play the youngsters,add as we went along,and build a team....

Can we meet them in the Qtrs? possibly?
I hope not another disaster. The tabloids will bring out pics of spitfires, tanks and Churchil, and we will get stuffed again.

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Funny really. For most of our lives Spain were the great underachievers. Always tipped to do well, always flopped.

South Africa was the first World Cup where they've actually fulfilled their expectations. And now they've failed again. C'est la vie.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014

D

Deleted member 18477

Shame really brilliant for last 10-12 years. Wouldn't care so much if we were the ones to jump into the their place but it's going to be the krauts :cry:

10-12 years? Greece, yes GREECE won euro 2004 10 years ago! And Brazil won World Cup 12 years ago...

In fact Italy won World Cup 8 years ago...

6 years more like... Tika taka... Is DEAD!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I hope not another disaster. The tabloids will bring out pics of spitfires, tanks and Churchil, and we will get stuffed again.

shame,but I hope so,if we get to the 1/4's we would have done well,i'd take the chance again on penalties,right now..

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Funny really. For most of our lives Spain were the great underachievers. Always tipped to do well, always flopped.

South Africa was the first World Cup where they've actually fulfilled their expectations. And now they've failed again. C'est la vie.

Along with 2 European Championships, and Barca's 3 recent CL titles with a team containing many members of the brilliant Spanish team.

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
Along with 2 European Championships, and Barca's 3 recent CL titles with a team containing many members of the brilliant Spanish team.

Yeah but I was specifically referring to the World Cup, as that's what we're watching now, and it feels like Spain have always been contenders based on their footballing dominance in recent years. Which in World Cup terms, they really haven't.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Fernando Llorente would surely have been a better centre-forward than Costa or Torres.

It's bloody justice that Costa has been so toilet - it should never have been possible for him to have play for anyone else but Brazil.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here