Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Maclaren - revenge. Sort of...

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
My friends (with their 2 kids 1 & 3) sat next to Steve Maclaren on their flight out of Manchester to Spain the other day. I'm happy to report that the kids cried the entire time and the older boy spilled his drink on him.

Despite his polite facade he had a thoroughly miserable 2hrs 45mins... Not unlike most of us during both play off matches!

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
My friends (with their 2 kids 1 & 3) sat next to Steve Maclaren on their flight out of Manchester to Spain the other day. I'm happy to report that the kids cried the entire time and the older boy spilled his drink on him.

Despite his polite facade he had a thoroughly miserable 2hrs 45mins... Not unlike most of us during both play off matches!

I'd have shat in his duty frees.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Funny how we see things. I came away from those two games with a lot of respect for Derby. There seemed to be a real connection between the club and the fans which was very evident at the away game. They also played well. Thumbs up from me. I'd have wished him good luck.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have no problem wit McClaren either, wish we played like his teams do. I didn't think he was any worse than most England managers either, he just made one bad goal keeping decision that proved very expensive and used an umbrella on the touchline. The football we played under him wasn't that bad overall imo. Done well for himself since too.:shrug:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I have no problem wit McClaren either, wish we played like his teams do. I didn't think he was any worse than most England managers either, he just made one bad goal keeping decision that proved very expensive and used an umbrella on the touchline. The football we played under him wasn't that bad overall imo. Done well for himself since too.:shrug:

Well, he wasn't immediately successful after he lost the England job of course, he had an awful spell as Forest manager, and had to go and work in Holland and Germany to ressurect his career, before coming back as assistant to Harry Redknapp at QPR, and then taking over the reins at Derby, but yes l concede, he has been a revelatiion in taking the Rams into the play-offs. I'm delighted for him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
, he has been a revelatiion in taking the Rams into the play-offs. I'm delighted for him.

Although I have been reasonably impressed by McClaren's managerial record, I have to hold my hand up to thinking the Derby board were nuts replacing Clough with McClaren. I really didn't see that turn around in form and style coming.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Although I have been reasonably impressed by McClaren's managerial record, I have to hold my hand up to thinking the Derby board were nuts replacing Clough with McClaren. I really didn't see that turn around in form and style coming.

I wasn't overly impressed either - While Clough did a fantastic job with what he had, McClaren showed what potential there actually was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here