Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
There is no way he can be 100% fit, it is impossible. But a half fit Suarez is still a threat. So yes, we should be worried, but perhaps not as much as we would otherwise have been.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
would take him a game to get really sharp - especially against a good outfit like us.

i hope the teamtalk mentions what knee it is and we target it - Suarez i a horrible example of a footballer.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
So when he was suspended at Liverpool and came back, did he struggle?

Too right we should worry about him, then there cavani?

Our defence is poor so I'm not hopeful :(

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Of course. He's a great player. Not fully fit though, we need to focus on trying to outscore them as their defence is their weak point.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
You just know that he is destined to score against England. Its a bit like a player returning to play against us they always seem to have blinders apart from Harding of course

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
partially. an unfit Suarez is still a pretty damn good player, but i have no doubt he is unfit. he hasnt had any match time to be sharp and i wonder if he really is properly recovered. if he was, he'd have been on in the first game. i think he'll worry our defence more than be actually effective, possibly give him too much attention and let others drift into spaces.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Having had various knee operations I can see no way that he will be able to play at that level after such a short recovery. He may have the best physio in the world but I'd be very surprised if he lasts longer than Costa did in the Champions League Final.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Yes .

Forget that Costa Rica game , they are going to have a right go .

I hope they do - We'll do em on the counter.

Plus, don't forget, our lads are more used to playing against him than any other team at the tournament.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If he was in any sort of shape then he would've been brought on for 15-20 mins when they needed a goal against Costa Rica. He's not played a game for about 7 weeks and won't have trained that much either, so it's no surprise.

Their defence is also missing 2 of its starting back 4. Things could not have gone better for England in the run up to this game.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
If he was in any sort of shape then he would've been brought on for 15-20 mins when they needed a goal against Costa Rica. He's not played a game for about 7 weeks and won't have trained that much either, so it's no surprise.

Their defence is also missing 2 of its starting back 4. Things could not have gone better for England in the run up to this game.

There's the kiss of death. Cheers.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
He's not just a great player, he's in the top 3 in the world at the moment, and if he's going to be fired up for any game, it will be this one.

So I'm worried yes.

As some have said though, perhaps he just won't be up to it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here