Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Credit to the football league- RamsFanInPeace

RamsFanInPeace

Jun 18, 2014
Hello all

As the tittle says I'm a rams fan (derby) here in peace to commend your club and supporters from the playoffs.I know it's been quite a while since then but I've been promising myself to post this and finally got around to it.

To start with the first leg: I was abit nervous playing Brighton because of Ulloa, but when we arrived in Brighton we were made very welcome and even had a drink with a few Brighton fans before the game. One of them even offered us a lift over to the game with them cause they had a few spare seats. Although we had to pass because we'd left the tickets at the hotel but the gesture was top draw.

The game itself: we'll we got lucky, 2 goals and some top saves.

After the game again we made our way back into Brighton itself and even in defeat your fans sat and had a drink with us and discussed the game. Top people!

The second leg

Obviously passions were going to be running high this day, before the game it could of gone either way. We got to the ground after a few drinks and one of group is in a wheelchair but on this day itself the ramp was being temperamental. However as we pulled up a group of Brighton fans were walked passed (well intoxicated if I may add) and without two thoughts they all came over helped get our friend out of the minibus and wished us luck no matter the result.

Your support during the game was top quality aswell.

Which is why I'd like to pass on my gratitude towards Brighton as a club and your fans. Credit to the football league and looking forward to welcoming you back to Pride Park this year!

Good luck with the season and keep up the top support!

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
Hello all

As the tittle says I'm a rams fan (derby) here in peace to commend your club and supporters from the playoffs.I know it's been quite a while since then but I've been promising myself to post this and finally got around to it.

To start with the first leg: I was abit nervous playing Brighton because of Ulloa, but when we arrived in Brighton we were made very welcome and even had a drink with a few Brighton fans before the game. One of them even offered us a lift over to the game with them cause they had a few spare seats. Although we had to pass because we'd left the tickets at the hotel but the gesture was top draw.

After the game again we made our way back into Brighton itself and even in defeat your fans sat and had a drink with us and discussed the game. Top people!

The second leg

Obviously passions were going to be running high this day, before the game it could of gone either way. We got to the ground after a few drinks and one of group is in a wheelchair but on this day itself the ramp was being temperamental. However as we pulled up a group of Brighton fans were walked passed (well intoxicated if I may add) and without two thoughts they all came over helped get our friend out of the minibus and wished us luck no matter the result.

Which is why I'd like to pass on my gratitude towards Brighton as a club and your fans. Credit to the football league and looking forward to welcoming you back to Pride Park this year!

Hats off to you. We've had 3-4 Rams fans telling us we're were good. Top fan Derby are. I was supporting you in the final (unlucky) I can see you going up next year tho... along with us of course. :D

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Hello all

The second leg

In the nicest possible way, I'd rather not be playing you guys again!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
Who cares ? All that MATTERS is WINNING and you FAILED as we did

Not as failing as the CLIFTONVILLE with its short servings on #BROWNS. I'm bringing a BUNCH of people there on Sunday after a long walk. They'll be hell TOUPEE if they don't serve enough of those CRUSTY potato thingys.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Hello all

The second leg

load of tosh !!

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Hats off to you. We've had 3-4 Rams fans telling us we're were good. Top fan Derby are. I was supporting you in the final (unlucky) I can see you going up next year tho... along with us of course. :D

Yes, I supported Rams in the final too.... not fair to them I suppose. Perhaps next time they'll pay me to support the opposition. :)

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Football brings out the best and worst in people and we are generally on the best side.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
No no your right haha, it's what's on the field at the end of the day that counts. Like I said I just wanted to pass on my thanks to your fans

No he's not right. Just ignore him, he feeds on attention. Good luck to you guys (BHA exempt of course). Hopefully though next season we'll have our tactics sorted. Nice of you to come in peace. :thumbsup:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Got to say after those games I have a great fondness for Derby. Heading back to Reading after the first game I ended up chatting to a Derby fan on the train to London. It was rare to get a level headed and interesting conversation about the game.

Every one of their fans I met was pretty decent. There were obviously the idiots at the home leg who were dishing out grief in the train queue but we can't plead innocence in that respect either!

A great club that play football the right way and appear to have some very decent fans

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Football brings out the best and worst in people and we are generally on the best side.

I'd love to know how you work that one out. Why we are generally on the best side. I haven't got a clue whether we are or not though I agree with your first sentence. What's your thinking on why we are better than other clubs fans?

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
To be honest, the one touch, high tempo attacking football played in those two play off games belongs in the higher division. I was really impressed by them but for the second year running, the best team doesn't always win in the play offs.

The Derby fans I met were friendly enough - we have no bad blood between us so no reason to be otherwise. Every club has its fair share of nice fans as well as knobs and I'm sure both ourselves and Derby are no different.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here