Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Real ale

Votes: 15 53.6%

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So, with news of Brewdog Brighton opening shortly what you 'aving?

Poll, and binfest, to follow.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Erm, well I got a meal deal for lunch and I chose a Capri Sun (orange) out of the options presented.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
nice beer. probably a darkstar. dont care which pigeon hole you wont to put that in.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Unexpected full shelf of the big bottles of £2.50 Punk IPA at Saino's this morning. Shelf somewhat less full now...

Big find of the Summer for me so far has been Desperados Verde feat. tequila, lime and mint. Lovely stuff.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Shoudn't be an either/or poll really. Anyone would think you were just stirring Herr T?

:smile:

I did say, bin fest to follow. I've just finished a big bit of work and I'm at a loose end now. This is my excuse.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
At the moment, I am mostly drinking Grolsch, Brahma and Coke zero.

Not together, obviously.

Where does Augustiner-Bräu fit into that HT? I have bought 120 500ml bottles for my world cup supply.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Anything brewed by Sharps of Wadebridge for me. Doom Bar is widely available, and even occasionally Cornish Coaster in some pubs. Less widely available, but probably my favourite tiipple of all, is Youngs Special, of the Youngs Brewery in Wandsworth.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Big find of the Summer for me so far has been Desperados Verde feat. tequila, lime and mint. Lovely stuff.

That sounds HIDEOUS, surely it's just a cocktail with beer in it.

I'm normally a real ale drinker myself but do like the occasional craft beer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Where does Augustiner-Bräu fit into that HT? I have bought 120 500ml bottles for my world cup supply.

120 bottles, wow. Good work. I have an image of you lying on the cases, similar to that shot in Breaking Bad when they lie on the huge pile of money.

Augustiner does not fit in any of the aforementioned categories but for what it is worth it gets my seal-of-approval. Not that it needs it of course. Augustiner is my joint favourite German beer; Rothaus Pils being the other. Fantastic and still an independent family (and trust) owned brewery. I love the fact they have no marketing department and engage in no advetising. Distribution is quite limited as well and they refuse steadfastly to cut corners to brew more... or even grow the business. And of course their Munich beer garden is a delight. Yes, good work.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
A half if the prices in other pubs are anything to go by. Dead Pony Club my Brewdog beverage of choice.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This is a somewhat limited range of options HT.
I drink beer in pubs, real ale or craft beer in your language.
I drink tea and coffee during the day, and wine at night.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is a somewhat limited range of options HT.
I drink beer in pubs, real ale or craft beer in your language.
I drink tea and coffee during the day, and wine at night.

I know, but this is all I sell in my virtual pub. Sorry.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I liked your Bowie avatar Mellotron, why did you ditch it?

After the disgraceful controversy that was the Mantis Shrimp's Qatar-esque buying of the World's Hardest Creature 2014 competition, a mod punished my whistleblowing by giving me this avatar.

I will change it back when I can be bothered, as I also prefer to look at the Thin White Duke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here