Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birmingham Away - 16th August

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
Thankfully Peppa Pig isn't about for this one but Good luck for all trying to go this via train, the mainline from Euston is closed for engineering works all weekend.

FANTASTIC work by National Rail & Co again..

*Awaits flailing from trainspotters on here*

dookieno8

Aug 20, 2012
Thankfully Peppa Pig isn't about for this one but Good luck for all trying to go this via train, the mainline from Euston is closed for engineering works all weekend.

FANTASTIC work by National Rail & Co again..

*Awaits flailing from trainspotters on here*

there is an alternative route which may work out slightly cheaper

Brighton > Victoria > Marylebone > Birmingham Moor Street (or if the train stops at Bordesley get off there) walking distance from Moor street anyway

the train is also about 30 minutes longer... I think

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Work planned for over a YEAR in advance - blame the Football League if anyone !!

Ill have a look what will run, buses between London and MK looks likely so using Marylebone is a good option.

EDIT - An HOURLY Virgin Trains service will run via an alternative route between Euston and Birmingham International (Journey time - 2 hours 25 minutes) to connect with other Virgin services. Trains should be formed of 10/15 coaches and you will need to book soonish to reserve seats as these WILL be very busy.

Alternatively, use FGW services from Gatwick to Reading to connect with CrossCountry to Birmingham.

Last edited:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
As a regular user of the London line from Birmingham ;

London Midland and Virgin Trains both use the Euston line. If there is engineering works to MK both of those operators will be affected. Avoid at all costs.

Chiltern Railways uses the Marylebone line. Its cheaper than virgin with Free wi fi, will be undoubtedly quicker that weekend (normally slower) but they don't do seat reservations. Charge.....

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Funny people say its cheaper on Chiltern - It was £40 for two of us (one had a third off) last year from Polegate to Birmingham on Virgin, cheapest I can see is double that on Chiltern

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I thought you could get to Birmingham Clapham>Reading>New Street.

I'm sure I've done this in the past and it takes about 10 minutes longer and you don't have to go into London.

It may well be cheaper as well.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Funny people say its cheaper on Chiltern - It was £40 for two of us (one had a third off) last year from Polegate to Birmingham on Virgin, cheapest I can see is double that on Chiltern

There are no cheap singles on sale that day (probably because of the WCML issues), normally you can get MYB to BMO for £6 e/w.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here