Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Changes to football...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
With the addition of Goal line Technology and Shaving foam this World Cup, are there any other changes you would like to see over the next few years?

For me players still need to be showing a great deal more respect to the referees, not sure how to tackle this but either:

Mic up referees, any foul and abusive langue is dealt with harshly with a red card and a fine although this seems a little harsh)

or

The introduction of a sin bin where players have to leave the field of play for 5/10 mins.

I cant see either option being explored but thats what I would like to see, how about you?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'll save someone else the bother: "Thin end of the wedge" "Stop trying to change football it's perfect already" (just like it was before each of the 10,000 rule changes we've already had :wink:)

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Do we know if the shaving foam idea will be used this season in England? I think it should be.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Players should be forced to retreat 10 yards from free kick. Anyone no immediately retreating should be booked. Any defender standing over the ball at a free kick should be shot by a sniper in the West Stand Upper.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
for top of the sport at least, video panels to award retrospective yellows/reds to divers and cheats - clutching your face when pushed in the chest etc - shirt pulling obstruction etc, even if the ref has "seen" the incident in the game.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Also, why not have another white line in each corner to ensure players aren't within 10 yards when a corner is being taken.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The vanishing spray should be implemented by the FA and I would make it so that only the team captains can speak directly to the referee.

Also I'd implement retrospective bans for blatent dives, can be decided by a panel.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
for top of the sport at least, video panels to award retrospective yellows/reds to divers and cheats - clutching your face when pushed in the chest etc - shirt pulling obstruction etc, even if the ref has "seen" the incident in the game.

This, with massive bells on it, and make the retrospecitve punishment really heavy, 5 match ban, 10 matches even, that would almost immedeatly stop it going on. Clubs wouldn't carry on paying £200K a week to someone who cheats and gets banned for a couple of months, the players would have no choice but to stop cheating.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Something needs to be done about all the jostling / manhandling at free kicks and corners... not sure what though, short of awarding a few more penalties.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Also, why not have another white line in each corner to ensure players aren't within 10 yards when a corner is being taken.

there is a mark that is used, but I think it's optional, can't rememebr if we have them at the Amex.

Goal_line_at_Old_Trafford_1992.JPG

View attachment 55169

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Heard something recently about a rule change coming in that if a player has to leave the field injured, then an opposition player who caused that injury has to also leave the pitch until either the injured player comes back on or is replaced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here