Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saturday 3pm kick-offs at the Amex

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
So, the fixtures are out and we have been given a whopping 17 home fixtures with 3pm Saturday kick-offs. Let's see how many we actually get as the season progresses!!

:amex::amex::amex:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Three of them are in August, when half the crowd are away on holiday, and then there's ONE more in the next SIX WEEKS. Bag. Of. Shit.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Blackpool home on the 20th Sept has to be 'iffy' due to the Uni's entry days? Its about that time of September all the soap dodg....I'm mean students, return for freshers week in order to blow their student loans in the first seven days.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

So, the fixtures are out and we have been given a whopping 17 home fixtures with 3pm Saturday kick-offs. Let's see how many we actually get as the season progresses!!

:amex::amex::amex:

Saturday 3pm, how it should be. I bet 4-5 of those fixtures will get changed over the season.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Amazed to see that we have two games scheduled in three days at the end of December. home to Reading on boxing day, then away to Fulham on the 28th.

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Amazed to see that we have two games scheduled in three days at the end of December. home to Reading on boxing day, then away to Fulham on the 28th.

Trains will be a disaster for both. I think last year Network rail basically ran b*gger all between Christmas and New Year. Driving to Charlton was shite.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR

After the saga two seasons ago, will we now be able to stage this game? I suspect the FL will be cranky if we're not able to fulfill it.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
I think it is reasonable to assume the club have resolved the train situation for Boxing Day with a shuttle service between Brighton and Lewes.

Will not help me as "First" Great Western run no services at all on Boxing Day. This also means, Reading will be stuffed as well.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think it is reasonable to assume the club have resolved the train situation for Boxing Day with a shuttle service between Brighton and Lewes.

If that is the solution mooted then it'll need to be boosted with a massively-upgraded park and ride scheme, as the majority of fans will be coming from places further afield than Brighton/Lewes.

Would love to see this fixture go ahead, but all common sense suggests its never going to happen. In which case the club/league need to do the decent thing and rearrange it sooner rather than later so that fans of both clubs can make fairly solid transport/accommodation arrangements.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

....and No NYD game this year, as it's 2 days before FA Cup round 3

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I suspect the FL will be cranky if we're not able to fulfill it.

Too right, they were not at all happy when we wanted to move the Millwall game last time.
We had to get to Reading three years ago with no trains running so I can't see what all the fuss is.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
We had to get to Reading three years ago with no trains running so I can't see what all the fuss is.

Possibly as the majority of people traveling to the Amex do so by train and there is limited capacity to get there by other options.

Jul 7, 2003
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Easter Saturday home game against Norwich moved to Good Friday so that there are three days between the fixtures.

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
The first home game will be moved due to the little monsters bash in stammer park,Sept 13 th will be moved due to the tour of Britain finnising in Brighton,millwall game will move to midweek on police advice and 1 game clashes with uni open day so will probably be 17.30 ko

Sep 13th we are away anyway. Millwall won't be moved, we played them on a Saturday last season.
If the first game is moved I just hope it's to the Sunday and not the Friday night.

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
Sep 13th we are away anyway. Millwall won't be moved, we played them on a Saturday last season.
If the first game is moved I just hope it's to the Sunday and not the Friday night.

The 1st game could be Friday depending on what night the carling cup game is.my apologies for Sept 13th game,thought we were at home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here