Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World Cup - what have we learned so far?

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
So, everybody has played at least one game. What have we learned so far about the 2014 World Cup?

Brazil's team and fans are, as always, overrated.

Columbia's fans>>>Brazil's fans

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
2. As usual when they reach the finals, no one else knows how to spell Colombia.

This. :lolol:

For me, the pick of the support has been Chile, Mexico and Colombia - it was obvious they would travel in large numbers (as have Argentina, Ecuador and the USA) but those three make an awful lot of noise, and fair play to Mexico's support for snaffling a fair chunk of the tickets at last night's game.

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Holland are jammy. Australia totally outplayed them. Holland's defence looks shocking and they will eventually come unstuck.

Counter-attacking at pace, as with recent trends in club football, is the way forward.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
That there's really only so far it's sensible to go through a large bag of Doritos :whistle:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
That the World Cup is not the same without Sweden taking part, I miss the close ups of Swedish girls in the crowd.

This is true, compensated to a large degree by the shot of a rather pretty German woman a couple of nights ago. Ask, [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] , he'll tell you.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
That after the 137th crowd shot of a brazilian/(insert country) with the flag painted on their face and/or with a samba headdress on, its actually quite boring.

That Goal line technology works.

That Spain are now a bit shit.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
This. :lolol:

For me, the pick of the support has been Chile, Mexico and Colombia - it was obvious they would travel in large numbers (as have Argentina, Ecuador and the USA) but those three make an awful lot of noise, and fair play to Mexico's support for snaffling a fair chunk of the tickets at last night's game.

I thought France were pretty good too. The team that is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here