Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guillermo Ochoa, Mexican Goalkeeper

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not sure one game at the World Cup makes him a must-have.

There must be a reason he doesn't have a club. Apparently it was touch and go as to which of Mexico's keepers got to be first choice in the World Cup. And I think the commentator was suggesting beforehand he's known for being erratic on crosses etc.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Turned down Liverpool and Inter Milan amongst others a few years ago to be paid a bloody fortune and remain in Mexico but sure he might like to meet Gully

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Just been told he has 6 fingers? Apparently Fulham wanted to sign him but would have meant he had an illegal glove sizes. Don't know if this is a wind up or not?

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Highly unlikely but would be good to have Ulloa and Ochoa in the same side!!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Other than the save from Neymar's header the rest of the saves were straight at him. It would have been harder to get out of the way than save some of those. I think the fact that Ajaccio have just been relegated says more about him than one game in the world cup.

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He is not really a catcher, came out and punched an awful lot of balls. Whilst I am not adverse to this style of goalkeeping, it is normally frowned upon in English football so our scouts may not be keen.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

There must be a reason he doesn't have a club. Apparently it was touch and go as to which of Mexico's keepers got to be first choice in the World Cup. And I think the commentator was suggesting beforehand he's known for being erratic on crosses etc.

We have one of those already.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

The reason he 'doesn't have a club' is that he's let his contract run down because his (French) team have been relegated, and he's linked with a move to Inter or Marseille...

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
the same guy who wants to play in the champions league?

dont think so

he kept them in both games so far - he's way better than us & wouldnt come to us in a million years - think some of you need to rein-in your expectations, especially if you dont think he's any good

It's gotta be a better reason to sign a keeper than looking good with 2 pickled eggs and a courgette stuffed down yer pants?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here