Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Whatever happened to John Ruggiero?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I remember in the late ish 70's watching him play. I was only a kid and assumed he was born in a country far far away. Now I know he was born in Stoke.

Anyway, any of you Albion "nerds" know what he went on to do after football? Just out of interest.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Lost his long black locks, or am I imagining them.

JohnRuggeiro.jpg

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
attachment.php
Strangely as I type this the chap to the right of Mr Mullery is speaking. His voice is coming from a giant box, against the wall with pictures of a live match from the other side of the world. In the days when the photo was taken, not all that long ago, they couldn't even manage colour photo's in the programmes.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
attachment.php
Strangely as I type this the chap to the right of Mr Mullery is speaking. His voice is coming from a giant box, against the wall with pictures of a live match from the other side of the world. In the days when the photo was taken, not all that long ago, they couldn't even manage colour photo's in the programmes.

Even weirder, it was Lawro's voice that randomly threw Ruggiero's name into my head.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
attachment.php

and four great players they were too
wish we might sign four like them now :thumbsup:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
A pity to block yourself out...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports