Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This 'folding arms' nonsense on the pre-match graphics...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Which TV creative thought THAT would ever be a good idea? Looks as camp as Christmas.

Might as well have got the players to dress up as construction workers, cowboys, police motorcyclists and red indians.

:O :safeway:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
It's the looking at the floor then raising their heads looking all tough that makes me laugh.

TV company's trying to make them look tough and heroic but just making them look like they're pulling blokes in the Blue Oyster Club

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I hate it on the BBC, when the players 'walk' into the studio, caught me out a couple of times.

It always looks like they've been outside listening to the pundits slagging them off, and have had enough. "Something to say, Lawro?"

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
index.jpg

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Its the 3 or 4 body rolls after any kind of foul from ALL the south american teams that is peeing me off, it seems most of the refs are happy for it to continue. Thought this kind of simulation was a yellow card now??

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
But it's progress innit? Some fink fresh and creative

Yes, just how do these goons who think goal music, hello wembley DJ type announcers, ball designers (an oxymoron if ever here were) etc manage to get such influential jobs when all they do is piss the other 99 fans in every 100 off?!

In my government, these persons would simply be shot. Vote for Portlock Parliament next May. I'd nip it in the bud

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
They do it in F1 too - looks ridiculous.

and the rugby, but those guys are hard, so it looks a lot less stupid.

edit: except the half backs, the scrum half and the fly half are fairies.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sad and pointless, I much prefer a simple photo of each player.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
But it's progress innit? Some fink fresh and creative

Yes, just how do these goons who think goal music, hello wembley DJ type announcers, ball designers (an oxymoron if ever here were) etc manage to get such influential jobs when all they do is piss the other 99 fans in every 100 off?!

In my government, these persons would simply be shot. Vote for Portlock Parliament next May. I'd nip it in the bud

I would vote for you, but fear you'd run out of bullets once you really got started ....

.,,..which would be a deal breaker for me I'm afraid

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
I agree. I'd rather they appeared with a sense of complete oh-my-god-this-is-the-best-thing-ever-ness, just as i would if i were there. A bit like:

chuckle-brothers.jpg

I can't be alone in hoping they'll be Richard Reynolds' half time guests when Rotherham come to the Amex next season. That would be truly magnificent.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I can't be alone in hoping they'll be Richard Reynolds' half time guests when Rotherham come to the Amex next season. That would be truly magnificent.

Didn't the shorter chuckle brother get prosecuted for having sex in a lay-by with some other guys mrs a few years ago? or did i just imagine it(in one of my many sordid dreams). It somewhat ruined the childrens entertainer image.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Look down, fold arms, look up.......that must have been a tester for a few of them!

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Didn't the shorter chuckle brother get prosecuted for having sex in a lay-by with some other guys mrs a few years ago?

I haven't a clue, but, if true, please god let him have said "To me", when he picked her up, followed by "To you" when he dropped her off safely back to her husband.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here