Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Teams that look better than England.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
A simple game this one. Just name a team that looks better than England.
Mainly looking at teams in the World Cup but feel free to broaden.

1. Bosnia & Herzegovina.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005

1. Bosnia & Herzegovina.

Frankly you are already talking jackshit with Bosnia.

And it's a stupid thread. In days of old you would be tried and hung for treason.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
In their group , Italy , Uruguay and Costa Rica.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Frankly you are already talking jackshit with Bosnia.

And it's a stupid thread. In days of old you would be tried and hung for treason.

They looked pretty good against Argentina. Not world beaters but a tidy side I feel would do a number on us.

I am certain no one has been hung for treason since the formation of the F.A.
Further in days of old Badger Baiting was an acceptable sport, there were child brothels in Covent Garden, raped scullery maids were expected to be grateful for a bit of aristocratic cock and giving your child a name before the age of two was considered to be tempting fate. Rubbish argument.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
bowls_o_large.jpghttp://answermethis.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/bowls_o_large.jpg

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

1. Bosnia & Herzegovina.

Stupid thread, stupid comment. So far we've narrowly lost to a very good side while playing very good football ourselves.

D

Deleted member 18477

Stupid thread, stupid comment. So far we've narrowly lost to a very good side while playing very good football ourselves.

But not as good football as some teams... which was the purpose of the thread...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Italy
Holland
France
Germany
Argentina

This.

But massive difference for me now is that I feel good about our chances against anyone on the right day with our style of play. Used to always feel so negative and frustrated about England but now enjoy watching us play and feel relaxed, even if we lose because at last I can see a future.

Went into this tournament thinking we wouldn't escape the group but now feel quite hopeful of progression.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I actually think that was the best performance of an England side in a tournament for about 10 years, since we beat Croatia 4-2 in 2004 in fact.
Lots of reasons to be optimistic.
I can't help wonder what this group could achieve with a Rodgers or Martinez type in charge though, I don't think this style comes easily to Hodgson and it shows, fair play to him though he's doing it.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Although I have previously listed 5 teams that I believe have performed better than us so far. and that is only based on 1 game each, I am heartened by our performance and fully expect us to progress with 6 points.

It is great to see an England side attacking with pace.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Apart from Messi's goal the other night I thought Argentina were poor. Bosnia played well and deserved a point on the balance of play. Didn't understand all the pre-tournament hype surrounding Belgium. Their performance earlier backs that up.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There aren't many at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here