Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could this be a certain posters son?

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Saw this and it reminded me of someone but can't think who

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-15-forces-Tesco-change-labelling-orange.html

Albert, who is studying for his GCSEs at Whitstone School, saw the mistake on the £1 carton of orange juice one morning last month.
The label read: 'Only the best quality fruit makes the grade for our juices. We squeeze or press it only when it's perfectly ripe and at its most tastiest.'

In his anger at the use of redundant language, Albert marched to his local branch of Tesco to confront the management - but decided it might be more prudent to write to the company instead.
He also sent a letter to his local newspaper, saying: 'I am writing concerning an issue I have had with the very popular supermarket chain, Tesco.
'There is a grammatical error on one of their products, and this has affected me greatly.
'I woke up on Thursday morning a few weeks ago, thinking it would be like any other. I sat down at the table for breakfast like normal, and picked up the Tesco orange juice.
'It was then that I noticed it said "most tastiest" when describing the fruit on the side of the carton. Of course, this could be either "most tasty" or simply "tastiest" but to say "most tastiest" is just wrong.
'I was so astonished by this error - especially as Tesco is such a large company - that I almost started pouring the orange juice on to my Weetabix.
'My mum stopped me just in time, and shared my shock when I showed her the side of the carton.'

:tosser:

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Saw this and it reminded me of someone but can't think who

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-15-forces-Tesco-change-labelling-orange.html

Albert, who is studying for his GCSEs at Whitstone School, saw the mistake on the £1 carton of orange juice one morning last month.
The label read: 'Only the best quality fruit makes the grade for our juices. We squeeze or press it only when it's perfectly ripe and at its most tastiest.'

In his anger at the use of redundant language, Albert marched to his local branch of Tesco to confront the management - but decided it might be more prudent to write to the company instead.
He also sent a letter to his local newspaper, saying: 'I am writing concerning an issue I have had with the very popular supermarket chain, Tesco.
'There is a grammatical error on one of their products, and this has affected me greatly.
'I woke up on Thursday morning a few weeks ago, thinking it would be like any other. I sat down at the table for breakfast like normal, and picked up the Tesco orange juice.
'It was then that I noticed it said "most tastiest" when describing the fruit on the side of the carton. Of course, this could be either "most tasty" or simply "tastiest" but to say "most tastiest" is just wrong.
'I was so astonished by this error - especially as Tesco is such a large company - that I almost started pouring the orange juice on to my Weetabix.
'My mum stopped me just in time, and shared my shock when I showed her the side of the carton.'

:tosser:

Please be more specific - we have many posters on here who are just as wanky :D

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Well obviously thinks they are articulate, has impeccable grammar and photogenic

more from the article

After writing to Tesco, he said, 'For the next few weeks I rushed home after school, beside myself with the anticipation of a receiving a reply.
'But every day I came home to a doormat with only the occasional leaflet urging me to buy this furniture or those clothes, but nothing from Tesco.
'I was devastated the mighty supermarket chain hadn't even acknowledged my existence.'
Finally the firm replied, apologising for the mistake and promising not to repeat it in future.
'I'm sorry that there's a grammatical error on our Tesco Pure Smooth Orange Juice packaging,' a spokesman told Albert, who hopes to study medicine at university.
'Our design team checks all packaging very carefully before it's used on any of our products, and we carry out regular reviews, but apparently we overlooked this mistake. I've told our team about this and they will correct the error when the packaging is reprinted.'
The schoolboy said: 'I was happy to have a letter back, but a little bit disappointed because it didn't say more and I didn't get any vouchers - but I'm pleased with the result.'

1394710795560_Image_galleryImage_Albert_Gifford_who_spotte.JPG
1394711122795_Image_galleryImage_Albert_Gifford_who_spotte.JPG

ooo look I'm a prefect, bet my other prefect chums will think this is a great lark.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I bet he gets beaten up a lot. And I'm not an unkind man, but with an attitude like his, he should do.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 8, 2007
Toronto
'I'm sorry that there's a grammatical error on our Tesco Pure Smooth Orange Juice packaging,' a spokesman told Albert, who hopes to study medicine at university.

Adding in a completely irrelevant piece of information, absolutely TEXTBOOK Daily Mail.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
you lot are sadder than the object of your derision.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Looks like a young Arnold Judas Rimmer (Chris Barrie).

Complete spanner, I bet he wears pants still. Y fronts ironed by his mum.

I hope someone at school punched him for being a complete dick.

Fungus

May 21, 2004
Truro
Looks like a young Arnold Judas Rimmer (Chris Barrie).

That made me laugh, but I don't know why certain people are so bothered with a tongue-in-cheek letter by a 15 year-old boy.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
That made me laugh, but I don't know why certain people are so bothered with a tongue-in-cheek letter by a 15 year-old boy.

Because he should be out drinking, shagging and listening to music, rather than picking holes in the wording of fruit juice cartons.

Maybe

Fungus

May 21, 2004
Truro
Because he should be out drinking, shagging and listening to music, rather than picking holes in the wording of fruit juice cartons.

Maybe

And we should be doing what?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here