Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glass hammers, tartan paint etc

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Anyone got any good examples of "Fools Errands" like these? Been trying to catch out my dad for years ever since he sent me to the shop as a lad and got me to ask for some elbow grease... :facepalm:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Many, many years ago I went into a telephone exchange and there was an apprentice holding onto the end of a piece of wire; around the corner was another apprentice holding the other end. I don't know how long they had been there but they were still there when I left 30 minutes later.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
A Long Weight was a favourite where I worked.

I was sent off for dehydrated water, a long weight, left handed screwdrivers etc.

I always knew they were "fools errands" so just went outside and had a few fags.

Oh how they laughed.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Many years ago when i was labouring on a building site i spent a good hour being sent from pillar to post for a skirting ladder :facepalm:.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
When I were a lad my Granddad got me to ask for Left Handed Chopsticks much to the amusement of the extended family, waiters and nearby tables. To this day the laughs haunt me. To a small degree I think this ruined my life.......

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Did anyone see that episode of The Island with Bear Grylls where they convinced the Essex lad a haggis was a four-legged, purple animal found running around the hills in Scotland :lolol:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
At a factory i was asked to get a 'HammerFore"

que "What's a hammerfore?"
"banging in nails"

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Imperial and metric Spirit level bubbles is one I've heard,

Also holes, and if anyone ever needs some I have plenty at work, literally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here