Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Stuttering Sussex v Flatcaps LV County Championship Arundel

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Back to the 4 day game and Sussex are still batting and are 108-1 Gnasher being the man to go .

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
150 for 5 off 50 overs
Fall of wickets 1-48 (Nash, 14.1 ov), 2-108 (Hamilton-Brown, 34.5 ov), 3-108 (Joyce, 36.3 ov), 4-138 (Wright, 44.4 ov), 5-145 (Machan, 47.1 ov)

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
CD Nash c †Bairstow b Patterson 28
RJ Hamilton-Brown c †Bairstow b Bresnan 45
EC Joyce* c †Bairstow b Bresnan 0
LJ Wright c †Bairstow b Brooks 21
MW Machan c Pyrah b Patterson 3

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I saw the flat caps, this morning.

Having been invited to attend a 'please don't drive through red lights' course at Avisford Park hotel.
I arrived as the yorkies were boarding their coach to leave for the game.

A touch before 9 is anyone is really anorakie.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Christ on a bloody bike Wells gone last over before Tiffin ! A batting point looks a long way off now

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It is a sad but inevitable score. Expect 600 ish from God's own county in reply.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Good effort by Tredders and Lewis. Got the batsmen out of a pile of poop.
I'm there for tomorrow, so hoping Mags carries on his brilliant form.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
A good start and an awful middle but well done lads for a strong fightback.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
It fills me with such pride that the greatest county in the world has deigned to let us play them at Cricket this week. Thanks oh great Yorkshire for playing us; a very poor second rate county.... Yorkshire Yorkshire Yorkshire...blah blah blah blah blah ad infinitum. Spew!

Love it when them and their other West North Country pals 'Wankyshire' lose.

TNBA

TTF

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
Amazed we got to 300 after our earlier performance ,well done to Tredwell and Lewis and not so well done to our proper batsman (apart from Wells).

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Amazed we got to 300 after our earlier performance ,well done to Tredwell and Lewis and not so well done to our proper batsman (apart from Wells).

RHB is the luckiest player going. He still gets into the team after the run of scores he's had, thanks to Sussex having no other batsmen.

I thought we were looking to get one on loan ... and end up with another spinner. How does that work?

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
I was up there today and some of the shot selection was shocking - I can't remember all of who did what (probably because I was trying to listen to the test match at the same time) but

Hamilton-Brown obviously thinks he has learnt something from Pietersen at "the Re" (shudder) and was looking to be aggressive but got out to a shot he didn't need to play.
Wright was another one who was living dangerously
And I think it was Machan who decided to look at one ball from Patterson and try and attack him - he came second.

Luke Wells was one of only two players who came out of the game with any credit by not flashing at the ball, or playing rash shots and yet the one time he did chase the ball, he got out and that was right on the stroke of tea - poor decision making.
Tredwell was the others, taking three fours of a single Bresnan over, I don't think he gave any chances and obviously I hope he does the business with the ball tomorrow (after licking all the Yorkshire player's boots clean of course).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here