Jul 5, 2003
According to Hyppia in press conference this morning

Ulloa needs talking to - suggests significant danger he will leave

Great news re Calde and Bruno.

Re Ulloa - does it?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
what about SALTER ???
Apparently he referred to "our Spanish wing-backs" so I'm assuming that includes BURNO, SALTER and CLADERON...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Re Ulloa - does it?
I know what you mean but I'm a bit concerned Hyppia mentioned needing to talk to Ulloa...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Great news about Bruno and Calde. That's a bit of stability at the back right there,

No just another GK, LB, CB, Creative Midfielder and Striker to go.

Almost there.. :dunce:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
In my opinion if we can get a decent price for Ulloa we should let him go and invest the money in a new striker. The last part of last season he was nowhere near the striker he was the previous season. I would not be sorry to see him go.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I know what you mean but I'm a bit concerned Hyppia mentioned needing to talk to Ulloa...

Needing to? Or wanting to?

According to Litmanen (the poster!): "he wants to talk with Ulloa, because he wants Ulloa to stay": I'm not sure I'd hit the panic button just yet.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
In my opinion if we can get a decent price for Ulloa we should let him go and invest the money in a new striker. The last part of last season he was nowhere near the striker he was the previous season. I would not be sorry to see him go.

Here we go again. His record with us is tremendous. Why ANY Brighton fan would want him to leave is beyond me. How long did we take to sign him? How easy would he be to replace? Didn't he score on the last day of the season proper, or did I imagine that?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Why was there a press conference this morning?

It's detailed on the Hyppia quote thread, and happened in Finland.

I'm not 100% convinced the contract extensions have actually been signed yet - if they have, it's poor that the club haven't announced it.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Here we go again. His record with us is tremendous. Why ANY Brighton fan would want him to leave is beyond me. How long did we take to sign him? How easy would he be to replace? Didn't he score on the last day of the season proper, or did I imagine that?

Which isn't to say we might be able to find something better but it's an almighty risk and one I'd be trying everything in my power to avoid.

However, if he's having his head turned by Premier money, we need to have a list of replacements ready to go.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Which isn't to say we might be able to find something better but it's an almighty risk and one I'd be trying everything in my power to avoid.

However, if he's having his head turned by Premier money, we need to have a list of replacements ready to go.

Agreed. But is he? Nothing from him to say he is doing a Bridcutt (yet!)

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Pleased about Bruno but Calde is not my fave. He's a hardworking pro but not up to the biggest games. I'll never forget how Zaha went through him like he wasn't there.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Agreed. But is he? Nothing from him to say he is doing a Bridcutt (yet!)

No but equally he hasn't come out and said that he has no interest in moving and more to the point the club haven't said he's not for sale (which we could bearing in mind he is under contract for a few years yet.)

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Pleased about Bruno but Calde is not my fave. He's a hardworking pro but not up to the biggest games. I'll never forget how Zaha went through him like he wasn't there.

Zaha went completely through Bruno also

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Could not agree more. Ulloa is a 20 goal a season striker and we ALREADY HAVE him, why would we want to sell? these players do not grow on trees you know . He scored 16 goals last season despite missing a large chunk of the season and not being fully recovered when he was brought back as he was the only striker we had who was upright.

If he has had his head turned by Premier league money (i've yet to any suggestion that he has) then fair enough but he must only be allowed to leave for a sum which could adequately cover the cost of replacing him (i.e. £8m+) otherwise we should do our best to keep him. From what we have heard so far, keeping Leo is exactly what we intend to do thank goodness.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here