NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is going well.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Great city. Spent a week there last summer & loved it. Had a particularly good night out at Clarens ballhaus.
I will be supporting Germany as I often do.
Where will you watch the game?

I live a 5 minute bike ride from Clarchens Ballhaus. Lovely place for outside dining. Did you get to see inside the old ballroom with all the mirrors on the walls? If you are in that area again try Hackbart's which is a great post-work bar. Tonight's game due to the timing will be at home or at the local cafe; the owner plans to stick a big screen on a tree outisde and we will all sit in the street on our own chairs which we will need to bring. The next match I will be on a Saturday so we will try and see it outside at either Torgarten (a little bier garden on Torstrasse) or Pfefferberg which is the court yard of an old brewery complex where they have started brewing again.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I live a 5 minute bike ride from Clarchens Ballhaus. Lovely place for outside dining. Did you get to see inside the old ballroom with all the mirrors on the walls? If you are in that area again try Hackbart's which is a great post-work bar. Tonight's game due to the timing will be at home or at the local cafe; the owner plans to stick a big screen on a tree outisde and we will all sit in the street on our own chairs which we will need to bring. The next match I will be on a Saturday so we will try and see it outside at either Torgarten (a little bier garden on Torstrasse) or Pfefferberg which is the court yard of an old brewery complex where they have started brewing again.

Thanks for the tip.
Yes saw upstairs at Clarchens. Lovely. Sadly didn't get to eat there as fully booked but next time. I just really liked the atmosphere. Felt a little like ending up at a party you hadn't been invited to but was made welcome anyway.
I was also a big fan of the fact that from in the heart of the city, Kreuzeberg, where i stayed, you can just jump on a tube and 20 or so minutes later you're at the lakes to swim and relax under the hot Berlin summer sun. All good.
Enjoy the match.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Several predictions please HT:
-- scoreline today
-- how much game time will Ozil get
-- who will be Germany's best player/s
-- when will Germany get eliminated
-- who will be their leading goalscorer

And it was a while ago, but I have particularly fond memories of a restaurant called Neugruns Koch (apologies in advance for my spelling): have you been; is it still there?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here