Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World Cup Football Boots?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I can't remember seeing these orange ones before that look like high tops or rugby boots. You know, the ones Sterling wore and countless others. I think someone has worn them in every game so far.

What's that all about then?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
These are them, except I've only noticed them in orange so far.

Nike Magista High-Res.jpg

What I want to know is why some players are now wearing different coloured boots on each foot.

The only explanation I can come up with is so they know which foot to put them on.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Some players seem to have different colour boots, are they sold like that ?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yes, the different coloured ones are done by Puma I've noticed. Always a blue and a reddish/pink one. Seen them at our place too, but never these high tops before this world cup.

One of the keepers the other day even had the same odd coloured puma gloves :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
View attachment 55097

What comes around goes around.

Yep. Uruguay seemed to be going for the juxtapostion award with their ultra tight shirts and Nobby Style long baggy shorts the other day.

To be fair they ain't winning **** all else with that team :lol: Honduras have got the most filthy team award sown up already as it us.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Looks like iit would stop you potentially losing your book. maybe offers in built ankle protection but I doubt it.

Anyone got the exact reason from Nike?

haardman

Jul 29, 2005
Only £230 RRP.

http://store.nike.com/gb/en_gb/pd/mercurial-superfly-fg-football-boot/pid-1518572/pgid-1518745

REVOLUTION OF SPEED
Designed for the attacking striker, the Nike Mercurial Superfly Men's Firm-Ground Football Boot offers a revolutionary locked-down fit, barefoot feel and lightweight carbon-fibre plate for explosive speed.
Fit
The one-piece, tongue-less Flyknit upper seamlessly integrates areas of high breathability, stretch and support. The Dynamic Fit collar fits over the ankle for a sock-like feel that locks the foot in place.
Touch
The textured knit upper combines three technologies—Flyknit, NikeSkin and All Conditions Control (ACC)—to bring your foot closer to the ball for an almost barefoot touch in dry or wet conditions.
Traction
The highly responsive and lightweight carbon-fibre plate delivers explosive speed in all directions. The Vapor traction pattern features direct-inject blades that dig and release quickly for instant acceleration.
More Benefits

• Lightweight, perforated sockliner mirrors the shape of your foot for comfort and low-profile cushioning
  • Firm-ground (FG) studs for use on short-grass pitches that may be slightly wet but rarely muddy

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Either way they don't give much protection the amount and the way a lot of the players are going to ground as though they will never play football again , or is that the norm these days ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here