Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goal line technology....

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Just seen the shambles in the France Honduras match, shocking and amusing.

Was goal, why they felt the need to reply off the bar god only knows. The question was when the keeper had it and showed it works with the correct decision

:facepalm:

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I think it was just the commentator getting confused. It showed no goal when it hit the post. Then Goal when it went in off the keeper.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Not using Hawkeye, which is British. I see no problem with the two shots, hits the post, not in. Hits goalkeeper crosses line. Goal. I see nothing that is confusing.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Looked fair enough. 1st shot hit post and didn't cross line and then once it hit keeper it did cross. Looked very tight. Showing 1st shot and saying no goal probably didn't help matters.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Proves the technology works

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Reliable system, confused by Jonathan Pearce not understanding it.

I had an OG at 12/1. Suits me very well. :banana:

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Not using Hawkeye, which is British. I see no problem with the two shots, hits the post, not in. Hits goalkeeper crosses line. Goal. I see nothing that is confusing.

Nor I. Quite astonishing hearing the confusion from the commentator and the Honduran fans as they thought the first video was decision.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I think it was just the commentator getting confused. It showed no goal when it hit the post. Then Goal when it went in off the keeper.

This. Hardly difficult to understand.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Only thing controversial about goal is how an experienced commentator and clutching at straws Hondurans think it's still controversial despite having eyes to use, supporting technology and half a dozen replays all showing the ball went over the line. FFS, anyone still rambling on about it not being a goal should be done for incitement and deported. And shot. And buried at sea. Crabs too good for em.

Have I gone OTT?

seafordtillidie

May 26, 2011
It's probably a design fault in the system to show both shots, was it necessary to show the first one if the second showed a goal had been scored.

I believe the Hawkeye system only alerts the referee to a goal when one has been scored so it wouldn't have been activated by the shot against the post?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Jonathan Pearce needs to Resign NOW along with Phil Neville. He's still going on about a controversial second goal and now thought France scored and said so even though side netting.

Drunk. Clearly drunk. Get him off Beeb.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here