Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rooney Base Layer

Pauljmitch100

Oct 2, 2012
Without raising any debate on Rooney's performance, I was wondering if anyone else had any views on the fact that he was the only member of the England squad to be wearing a base layer.

With media reports of humidity at 88% and temperatures at over 90F I thought this was a bit strange?

Attachments

• CS63961734MANAUS-BRAZIL-J.jpg
    CS63961734MANAUS-BRAZIL-J.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 976

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is this what we've descended too?

I guess you'll have never worn a base layer before.

You're bitchin about a garment specifically designed to move sweat away from your body esp when exercising in hot/humid conditions.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I thought a long sleeve baselayer was odd. A tee or sleeveless baselayer would have made more sense, however I suppose it's down to whatever you are comfortable with.

Magic City

Mar 29, 2014
He always wears one. I noticed it and said it to my mate but he was certain that it's got some special technology that actually makes him cooler. Who knows? (who cares)

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Have you seen his arms? :ohmy:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think they want people to suggest it is a girdle. :tumble:
I could understand if he'd borrowed this off Liam:-

FUR620_1657930a.jpg

But a freakin base layer.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
There are two types of base layer, one for winter, one for summer, the former are designed to keep heat in, the latter to cool you down. I have a set of both for playing in and they are really good, in winter all you need is just the base layer under a thin football top and once you move around it keeps the heat in without getting you top seat and later cold when you stop. The summer base layer does the opposite, moves sweat around and cools the area under the layer.

The winter ones are brilliant for any activity where you are moving as it saves you putting loads of layers on.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
There are two types of base layer, one for winter, one for summer, the former are designed to keep heat in, the latter to cool you down. I have a set of both for playing in and they are really good, in winter all you need is just the base layer under a thin football top and once you move around it keeps the heat in without getting you top seat and later cold when you stop. The summer base layer The winter ones are brilliant for any activity where you are moving as it saves you putting loads of layers on.

Agree

Brilliant at the football on a cold winters night as well .

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
He always wears one. I noticed it and said it to my mate but he was certain that it's got some special technology that actually makes him cooler. Who knows? (who cares)

it may make him cooler, it certainly doesnt improve him as a player

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here