Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have some balls Roy - Drop Gerrard

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Disappeared last night when the team needed a captains performance to get hold of the game, dictate and control and inspire similar to Beckham against Greece.

Get Rooney back in the middle behind Sturridge in place of Wellbeck even though he played well needs must for the team he can come on if Rooney fails to deliver. Replace Gerrard with Barclay. Llalana and Sterling on the wings and attack, attack attack.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
:facepalm:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Ridiculous. He was one of our best players.

Quit talking about football, you haven't got a clue.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last night (this morning) I saw 2 good teams, playing good disciplined football.
Italy shaded it, but that's not to say it couldn't have gone in our favour.
So far it's the only match where both teams have looked like they could progress a long way in the tournament.

I was pleasantly surprised by how level headed NSC had seemed by the loss.
I guess that's all over now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Disappeared last night when the team needed a captains performance to get hold of the game, dictate and control and inspire similar to Beckham against Greece.
Just how many times have you seen any footballer, at any level, produce a display even remotely close to the match played by Becks v Greece?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Last night (this morning) I saw 2 good teams, playing good disciplined football.
Italy shaded it, but that's not to say it couldn't have gone in our favour.

this. not sure how Gerrard was supposed to have made the forwards not miss the half dozen solid chances they created. they shaded it by a well worked free kick (no wonder goal, a defnder moving 12" left or right and it'll have been deflected) and a solid long pass to the far post that Cahill should have read better. the only faults were a couple of tactical issues with Rooney and Baines.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
If Italy beat Uruguay and Costa Rica It was a good performance - if they don't OP is right

I wouldn't say drop Gerrard but he was not involved enough last night

Positives was our attack and promising youth negatives was our defence and inability to score

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The squad doesn't have a genuine left sided midfielder. He could have put on Shaw and pushed Baines in to left midfield to stop the Italy attacks from their right.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
:FFSPuncheon: :facepalm: :ffsparr: GERRARD IS ONE OF ENGLAND'S BEST PLAYERS AND IS IN GOOD FORM!?!?

Roy will drop him when :flypig:

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Not since Scott Parker. Most premier ones are foreign not English

This never fails to get my goat.

Scott Parker has been the most over rated player of the last 10 years.

I think Carrick has been a good holding midfielder for a multi championship winning team.

On the whole though, it is a position which has only come into fashion in the last 10 years, so young players who learned to play it well are from childhood are only recently hitting first team squads.

Think we'll produce our fair share from now onwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here