desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
to save polluting rest of NSC..

rooney.jpg

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Well, it's quite simple really: he needs to aim for the space under the crossbar and between those two post-shaped objects sticking out of the ground. He's got to kick it with enough force to beat the goalkeeper and defenders.

Although I will say his assist for the Sturridge equaliser was very good, his one moment of brilliance last night. He's not a selfish player, which is nice to see, but he just lacks that finishing quality. To be perfectly honest, I thought he was below-par at United last season as well, so maybe his form has taken a permanent dip.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I watched him live for the first time in a match between Cardiff and Manchester last season.

What he is brilliant at is finding little pockets of space between the oppositions defence and midfield, that is where (I believe) he should be playing for Ingerland. Think Teddy Sheringham or Peter Bearsley....the link man!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Rooney increasingly offers little of anything genuine up front and less and less at the back - in summation: he weaves one way, skins an opposition player, transplants a shot across to Sturridge, recedes anonymously back into the midfield, fails to plug a gap, ends up losing possession, the opposition see that our late and desperate substitutions are no replacement for the real thing, score again and we drop out of the qualifying group.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I'd like to see him out wider...

...wider...

...yes keep going Wayne...

...Okay now sit down...

Joke, I rate Wayne really.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Rooney is dogsh#t. Not good on the biggest stages. Not 1 WC finals goal. OK his cross was perfect to Sturridge. That corner :ffsparr:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Over-rated - check
Cant hack the pace - check
Occasional quality moment - check
Considered a "top top top player" by the old boys network of pundits no matter the evidence - check
Has to be included in the team for mysterious reasons - check

I give you our new defensive midfield double-pivot.. Gerrard and Rooney!

marvel as they are passed by with ease
gape as they track back at half pace leaving the defence exposed
wow as they attempt their 12th hollywood pass, knowing just one has find its mark because even if it leads to nothing it will feature in the highlights. "That's the quality you get with ___" purrs the commentator and their run in the team continues.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
for me the most logical solution is the Liverpool way
sterling in the hole behind 2 strikers
Rooney and sturridge

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here