Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Happy Fathers Day - Dads

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So far one card from a son who is not even back yet from a night out, still a family meal out tonight.

NSC Dads, what did you get ?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Only one son up as yet - four bottles of craft beer selected by himself, and a card free from abuse. Result.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Only one son up as yet - four bottles of craft beer selected by himself, and a card free from abuse. Result.

Mini still in bed, Junior somewhere in Worthing after a probable messy night out.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Woken up at 7.30 with cup of tea, home made chocolate cake followed by some chocolates, some more chocolates, pink floyd t-shirt, ps3 game and more tea followed by a nap :)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Very nice home made card received and I'm just about to treat myself to a nice Father's Day hand shandy in the ensuite before getting back to my writing. Happy FD all.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Ridiculous "day". Decent kids treat their fathers well all year long and don't need a designated day to buy them presents and cards. I never ever acknowledged Father's Day (or Mother's Day) when I was a kid, and told my kids when they were young that if they ever bought me anything for Father's Day I would immediately chuck it in the bin. I recall telling my mother that I might consider acknowledging Mother's Day if there was a Son's Day to even things out.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Ridiculous "day". Decent kids treat their fathers well all year long and don't need a designated day to buy them presents and cards. I never ever acknowledged Father's Day (or Mother's Day) when I was a kid, and told my kids when they were young that if they ever bought me anything for Father's Day I would immediately chuck it in the bin. I recall telling my mother that I might consider acknowledging Mother's Day if there was a Son's Day to even things out.

Yada, yada, yada...

Yes, my kids are always great, yes, it's a bit of a commercial con, etc etc.

But it's just a bit of fun, really, and my boys ENJOY telling me that I matter to them, even though they know this, and I know this.

Just chill.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Card and a grocery voucher from one son and a card and a promise of lunch at a future date. No visits as the both live on the other side of the bike ride from me.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I still talk to my Dad most days, even though he's not been around for the past forty years. I keep telling Jnr. Skipper, he'll miss me when I'm gone. Makes no difference, getting him to talk is like pulling teeth, and man hugs, forget it.
Still on the bright side he tells me he has got me a card, getting it to me sounds difficult as his Mum has confined him to studying indoors on account of sitting two A2's tomorrow. I mentioned post and foresight, that fell on deaf ears. Ah well.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Lost my dad before Christmas. Still. I got loved by the littleies this morn. Nice fry up in bed and a long lie in the bath with my Fortean times. Marvellous.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter

It's a day of appreciation, still beats the more ridiculous Valentine's Day and Hallowe'en. In my opinion of course.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
The mrs is on shift this weekend so was expecting to have to prompt mini sock (4) into a hug. However he came into the bedroom this morning and shouted a big happy Father's Day before presenting me with a card he made at pre school and has been hiding on his room, along with a big bag of peanut m and ms. After breakfast he said 'come on daddy I'll take you to the cinema to watch the Lego movie'.

The film was great and he has now randomly fallen asleep giving me a chance to watch some cricket!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here