• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The wife has just said, in response to something on the Marr programme, "no one wants to pay their tv licence". To which I replied I was so long as the BBC remained advert free and independent. I do suspect I am in a minority now - and that minority is shrinking - but I don't believe for a minute that no one wants to pay it and I believe it represents far better value than my Sky package.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The BBC has to stay and has to remain by licence. Not only is the quality of output generally high it, in my opinion, promotes the UK globally in a positive and unparalleled manner. It is respected world wide. And this is due to the nature of its funding.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Best TV station globally by a country mile, should remain as it is.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Well worth the fee - just as long as there are no ads

*** awaits one of the conspiracy crew posting some claptrap ***

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I've always been happy to pay the licence fee. How anyone complains about it, when it is so much cheaper than all the other pay TV companies, is beyond me. We are lucky to have the BBC, and it must continue in its present form

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A quick peak at the BBC and ITV World Cup coverage should answer this.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not if Phil Neville keeps co commentating.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A quick peak at the BBC and ITV World Cup coverage should answer this.

Or any other global event like a Royal Wedding etc. ITV World Cup coverage is a shambles

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'd like the BBC to do less and charge less. They could drop some of the stuff that's well covered by the freeview channels, and concentrate on what they're good at.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The wife has just said, in response to something on the Marr programme, "no one wants to pay their tv licence". To which I replied I was so long as the BBC remained advert free and independent. I do suspect I am in a minority now - and that minority is shrinking - but I don't believe for a minute that no one wants to pay it and I believe it represents far better value than my Sky package.

Why do you think you're in the minority?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Yes, but they could cut the channels and radio stations down a bit to keep the costs down.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I don't think it should be mandatory. I get the feeling some programme makers sometimes cruise along, knowing they get paid regardless how good/bad they are..

payment by results, eh?

Perhaps you could back up your argument with some examples, both in programmes and how you define results?

I'd like the BBC to do less and charge less. They could drop some of the stuff that's well covered by the freeview channels, and concentrate on what they're good at.

If every household has to pay the fee then the BBC has to cater for every household. Somebody who enjoys things like Pointless, Eastenders, Casualty etc should not be expected to pay the fee only for the BBC to not to produce those programmes and merely produce what some decides they 'are good at'!

Let's not forget that the fee pays for the various television channels but also a host of radio stations covering a diverse mix of tastes.

Finally, I genuinely believe that without the BBC, the race to the bottom would begin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here