Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We can still do this

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If England win their next two games we go through, as Costa Rica actually did us a potential favour in beating Uruguay

I'd say that a 2 goal win and a draw out of our remaining games should do it. I can't think of many combinations of results where it wouldn't.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In an ideal world we win our 2 games, Uraquay beat Italy and Italy Costa Rica draw we would then go through as winners with Italy and Costa Rica both on 4 points.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
In the last three WC finals 46 teams lost their first game. Only four subsequently made it out of their group. I'm not saying we can't make it out, but the odds are agin us...

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Let's just avoid defeat vs Uruguay, and then see how the table looks and what we may need from the Costa Rica match.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
In the last three WC finals 46 teams lost their first game. Only four subsequently made it out of their group. I'm not saying we can't make it out, but the odds are agin us...

The last world cup winners also lost their first game! (think it was their first)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
If we play like we did yesterday, we've got a great chance in the next two group matches.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Back four are really going to have to up their game. I thought we looked good going forward. Much quicker than what we normally see with England. Gutted to have lost, but still confident of getting out the group.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Let's just avoid defeat vs Uruguay, and then see how the table looks and what we may need from the Costa Rica match.

That may not be so easy. We draw with Uruguay and then have to beat the team that spanked Uruguay ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here