Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many points will England finish the group with?

Final group points for England 2014 World Cup?

Votes: 17 8.7%

Votes: 19 9.7%

Votes: 9 4.6%

Votes: 16 8.2%

Votes: 71 36.2%

Votes: 64 32.7%

• Total voters

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
After tonight's defeat to Italy, how many point do you think England will finish the group stage with?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
4 and qualify on GD: beat Uruguay by a couple and draw with Costa Rica (who'll probably lose by 2 or 3 to Italy).

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
My prediction before today was DLD so 2 points, but having lost today I guess that makes it LLD so 1.

Before today I thought DLW for the 3 matches but I though we weren't that bad today and after watching the other group match I feel Uruguay are there for the taking and Costa Rica may be a tougher test than I'd first though so have amended my final 2 to WD, just got to hope on goal difference.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
4 and qualify on GD: beat Uruguay by a couple and draw with Costa Rica (who'll probably lose by 2 or 3 to Italy).

I thought teams progress on a head-to-head record when teams have level points.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Apparently not, if the ITV commentator was correct during the earlier game. Either way, if we draw with Costa Rica the head to head will be invalid anyway.

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
Before today I thought DLW for the 3 matches but I though we weren't that bad today and after watching the other group match I feel Uruguay are there for the taking and Costa Rica may be a tougher test than I'd first though so have amended my final 2 to WD, just got to hope on goal difference.

I agree England were better than I thought today...fingers crossed!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Rule 42.5 of the FIFA WC 2014 regs...

The ranking of each team in each group shall be determined as follows:

a) greatest number of points obtained in all the group matches;
b) goal difference in the group matches;
c) greatest number of goals scored in the group matches.

If two or more teams are equal on the basis of the above three criteria, their ranking will be determined as follows:

d) greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned;
e) goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams concerned;
f) greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the teams concerned;
g) drawing of lots by the FIFA Organising Committee (who bungs them the most money, I would presume).

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Rule 42.5 of the FIFA WC 2014 regs...

The ranking of each team in each group shall be determined as follows:

a) greatest number of points obtained in all the group matches;
b) goal difference in the group matches;
c) greatest number of goals scored in the group matches.

If two or more teams are equal on the basis of the above three criteria, their ranking will be determined as follows:

d) greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned;
e) goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams concerned;
f) greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the teams concerned;
g) drawing of lots by the FIFA Organising Committee (who bungs them the most money, I would presume).
Surely they could have come up with a better option g) than drawing lots - goal average, size of willy, penalty shoot out, anything?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Surely they could have come up with a better option g) than drawing lots - goal average, size of willy, penalty shoot out, anything?

How about the silliest injury sustained?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Zero, Suarez will destroy us in the next game.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Can I do my prediction after we find out about Suarez.

At the moment I'm on England 2 Uruguay ?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Zero, Suarez will destroy us in the next game.

I may be tempting fate, but, Uruguay looked crap against Costa Rica - you could see why they only qualified in 5th place behind Ecuador. A half fit Suarez is going to have his work cut out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here