Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Official Match Thread: Uruguay vs Costa Rica ***

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Surprising country fact for me - Costa Rica has a bigger population than Uruguay.

Prediction - Uruguay win.

Let's see what we're up against.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Does this mean we can't slag off Chiles in his dedicated thread now ?

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
I am actually going to surprise a lot people now and going to forecast a boring 0 - 0 draw, Costa Rica will park the bus, shut up shop and get 1 point on the table

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
South American teams are all flying at the moment.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I am actually going to surprise a lot people now and going to forecast a boring 0 - 0 draw, Costa Rica will park the bus, shut up shop and get 1 point on the table

1-1 I reckon, can't see it being a bore draw. Seems the general view is Uruguay will smash them but I'm not so sure.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
1-1 I reckon, can't see it being a bore draw. Seems the general view is Uruguay will smash them but I'm not so sure.

I don't think Uruguay will smash them. I wouldn't write Costa Rica off as just the whipping boys for our group, but I do think Uruguay will beat them.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That Uruguay anthem is a bit head-mental. About 2 minutes in, you sort of assume it must be an instrumental, then they all burst abruptly into song and the tempo changes crazily like crashed gears then it just randomly stops dead. :lol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we play to all our strengths we can definitely progress from this group imho.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
It's probably tempting fate but Forlan looks past his best.

Costa Rica not the worst team seen at the World Cup so far - that was probably Spain!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here