Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Members

The level & Open Market,

0 Not allowed!
    There was an event to mark the 1st anniversary of the opening of the 'new' Level today. It seemed a pretty poor turn out and lack lustre event but what really annoyed me was the state of the grass.

They closed the park for well over a year and they dug up and re-laid all the greens, taking much longer then the Amex pitch took to lay.

A few weeks ago the Fair was back on it and now it's lumpy, bumpy and bare patches all over the place. Even the Brazilians would be embarrassed about it! So how much did all that cost?

Now cross the road to the new Open market. Seems to have taken an age and not yet finished but open. Has potential but very few tenants and need to get these shops occupied & open even if at cheap rates. Need to get some events and publicity because I doubt many know it even exists.

Now, back to football world....
    40 years of watching the Albion makes me an official Boring Old Git.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Devil's Advocate (p/t)

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Freddie Goodwin. View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      There was an event to mark the 1st anniversary of the opening of the 'new' Level today. It seemed a pretty poor turn out and lack lustre event but what really annoyed me was the state of the grass.

They closed the park for well over a year and they dug up and re-laid all the greens, taking much longer then the Amex pitch took to lay.

A few weeks ago the Fair was back on it and now it's lumpy, bumpy and bare patches all over the place. Even the Brazilians would be embarrassed about it! So how much did all that cost?

Now cross the road to the new Open market. Seems to have taken an age and not yet finished but open. Has potential but very few tenants and need to get these shops occupied & open even if at cheap rates. Need to get some events and publicity because I doubt many know it even exists.

The open market isn't officially open yet. The stallholders who are there have been there all along, moving around various slots depending one where the builders need to get to. When the works are fully complete, it will open properly. I gather all, or almost all, of the stalls have been allocated. When it's fully open, none of the stalls will be allowed further than a metre out of their stalls because there will be events (temporary stands etc) down the middle.
      Please report offensive or libellous posts - read more
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      That's good to hear, thanks.
      AlecsGrandad

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Acker79 View Post
      The open market isn't officially open yet. The stallholders who are there have been there all along, moving around various slots depending one where the builders need to get to. When the works are fully complete, it will open properly. I gather all, or almost all, of the stalls have been allocated. When it's fully open, none of the stalls will be allowed further than a metre out of their stalls because there will be events (temporary stands etc) down the middle.
      I'm glad you said that. I was down there a few weeks ago (the London Road area is the furthest I go into town these days) and the Open Market was quite depressing, like a poorly-stocked Soviet-era farm market in an aircraft hanger. And no toilets! At my age I need toilets, hopefully they'll be added before it's finished.

The Level on the other hand was great - although I guess this was before the Fair that Freddie mentioned.

Panic! At The Amex Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      When the new student accommodation opens in the Autumn the Open Market will get a massive boost, along with the area in general. Just need to pedestrianise London Road between St Peters and Preston Circus now and the place would be unrecognisable.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson
      Members The Andy Naylor Fan Club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Freddie Goodwin. View Post

As for the state of the grass, I mentioned to my wife last Saturday evening as we passed The Level, that all of the disposable bbq's that were being used by various groups were not going to do the grass any good!!! A very quick count, there were at least twelve bbq's on the go. The Open Market will be an asset to London Road once all of the units are occupied.
      When you are out and about, if you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours.
      AlecsGrandad

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      When the new student accommodation opens in the Autumn the Open Market will get a massive boost, along with the area in general. Just need to pedestrianise London Road between St Peters and Preston Circus now and the place would be unrecognisable.
      No, the last thing we want is for London Road to be gentrified, it's fine as it is. I cringe every time someone mentions 're-vitalising' the area or something like that as it just means yuppification. The pubs are fine, the takeaways are fine, the shops are fine, the people are fine. Leave it be.

Panic! At The Amex Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brovion View Post
      No, the last thing we want is for London Road to be gentrified, it's fine as it is. I cringe every time someone mentions 're-vitalising' the area or something like that as it just means yuppification. The pubs are fine, the takeaways are fine, the shops are fine, the people are fine. Leave it be.
      Don't you think it would be nicer not being clogged up with exhaust-belching traffic all day?
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I think the kids playground and skatepark look fabulous, my gripe was about the time & money spent of relaying all the grassy areas.

0 Not allowed!
      what was wrong with old layout, at the Level? less open space now, with the skateboard bit moved..

http://www.northstandchat.com/showth...ly-mean-rant-3
      Am I bovvrd..? Also causing a rumpus, on that twitter thing..