Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oi youngsters! National Service ?

D

Deleted User X18H

With the recent devlopments in the Ukraine. I am shocked to see that conscription was extended to the age of 51 years when it was last deemed necessary.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
That has as much chance of passing as I have of scoring the winning goal for England in the World Cup final whist at the same time being blown by Kelly Brook.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Sounds brilliant. Mind you it wouldn't affect ME so it would, wouldn't it.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Would be a great idea. Also, can we put in all those work shy youngsters that do not look for work, do not want to work and leave them in for 5 years?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's a Private Members Bill and therefore is unlikely to make it through.

Interesting text though.

Further information from The Independent..

http://www.independent.co.uk/studen...e-bill-to-hit-parliament-in-2014-8805449.html

I repeat - it's already dead

Latest news on the National Service Bill 2013-14

The Bill failed to complete its passage through Parliament before the end of the session. This means the Bill will make no further progress.

It's not scheduled to be read in the current parliament, then there's an election. Timmy is once again fishing. It is an ex-bill. It's stone dead. It is definitely deceased. It's bleedin' demised. It's passed on. It's expired and gone to meet its maker.

D

Deleted User X18H

Five minutes of research would have told you it's already dead. Call yourself a journalist?

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/2013-14/nationalservice.html

It's not scheduled to be read in the current parliament, then there's an election. Timmy is once again fishing. It is an ex-bill. It's stone dead. It is definitely deceased. It's bleedin' demised. It's passed on. It's expired and gone to meet its maker.

You see. Nobody reads what you write

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Would never have got through anyway. Someone would challenge it in the ECHR saying it violates their way of life.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
I hope it never gets passed, its just stupid and wrong that you should be threatened to do something, e.g. join the army, which is probably the aim of it.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I hope it never gets passed, its just stupid and wrong that you should be threatened to do something, e.g. join the army, which is probably the aim of it.

That is indeed the aim although it's a little more complicated than just being forced to join the army. There would be an array of other options. Seemed to work up until 1960 so I wouldn't call it stupid. That said I'm not sure I agree with it. Maybe everyone between 18 and 22 should have the option of being in education / training, working or national service with no benefits paid to anyone outside those options ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here