Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish tippy tappy gets PULVERISED

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Beaten 5-1 by the Dutch. Has Spain's boat finally come in after a decade of tippy tappy bolllox?
Where was the Plan B?
The Dutch tore them a new one.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I always said I didn't like the tippy-tappy we played under Gus and Oscar. Hopefully Sami will bring something different that results in us scoring some goals.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Having won the last World Cup and the last two Euros, I would say their 'tippy tappy bollox' has served them quite well.

Highly amusing that there are some idiots on here who think the style of play of one of the most successful international teams ever is suspect because they lose one match.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Any chance of our new manager being Dutch?

Oh.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Beaten 5-1 by the Dutch. Has Spain's boat finally come in after a decade of tippy tappy bolllox?
Where was the Plan B?
The Dutch tore them a new one.

I'd happily trade '66 for the success they have had in the last 10 years.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The second half of that game reminded me very much of the England - Germany game in the last World Cup.

Yoda

English & European
Tonight was their plan B. They started with a proper number 9.

Got to say though, second half the Dutch were far more hungry for the ball and often had two closing down any Spanish player with the ball

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Having won the last World Cup and the last two Euros, I would say their 'tippy tappy bollox' has served them quite well.

Highly amusing that there are some idiots on here who think the style of play of one of the most successful international teams ever is suspect because they lose one match.

They've certainly been criticised for their 'boring style' of football in the past though.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Tonight was their plan B. They started with a proper number 9.

Got to say though, second half the Dutch were far more hungry for the ball and often had two closing down any Spanish player with the ball

Hunger was the key word tonight. The Spanish have been there and done it all but the Dutch had the desire

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

some thought it might be suspect after Brazil beat them 3-0 last summer in the confederates cup. it was successful. it may not be anymore, like other stlyes that have reigned (cf Barcelona)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

more importantly, they stopped (well drastically reduced) the cynical fouls and remembered they could actually play football. if only they'd realised 4 years ago, who knows?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm not quite sure that a team that wins the World Cup, and two consecutive European Championships, should have their style of football rubbished on the basis of one freak result.

I would be quite happy see my teams style of play torn apart in one game as a trade for a string of unprecedented silverware achievements.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Spain were a little lucky with their World Cup win - The Dutch that day decided to kick their way to the trophy and they paid the price when they had a player sent off.

Today they played the right way and smashed Spain

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
One of those games in which a couple of moments change the game. There was Silva clean through, trying to be clever and putting away something fancy, which of course was saved by the Dutch keeper, but at the other end moments later Robben charging through and putting away a chance with a sense of directness that Spain seemingly need in their now languid play. Spain have to remember that all other footballers aren't so bad in comparison any more and to be more clinical at vital times than fancy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here