Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC Studio Team 9; ITV Studio Team 2

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
There's already a thread about how bad the ITV coverage of the WC is, but having watched the BBC team you realise just how bad the ITV clowns are. They've got one guy who can't even understand/speak English adequately! The BBC team by comparison is a group of polished professionals.

If you add the bloody commercials to the mix, ITV football is a complete and utter joke.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
There's already a thread about how bad the ITV coverage of the WC is, but having watched the BBC team you realise just how bad the ITV clowns are. They've got one guy who can't even understand/speak English adequately! The BBC team by comparison is a group of polished professionals.

If you add the bloody commercials to the mix, ITV football is a complete and utter joke.

And this is a revelation... why?

Been like this a long while.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
ITV is a bit sh*t yes! but look its free to air for everyone to view. The biggest footy tournament in the world is still available for all.

Ads are not really a massive issue, yes, Townsend is a coc*. Maybe just enjoy it in the main and realise most countries get a lot worse coverage

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
ITV's Clive Tyldesley sounds like an excited school girl whenever he's commentating.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Fabio Cannavaro - Italian world cup winning captain. Great pundit credentials but his English just isn't good enough to deal with Chile's idiotic ramblings and questions.

If you wanted an Italian on the team they should have gone for Gianluca Vialli, who is intelligent, witty and has excellent English.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
ITV is a bit sh*t yes! but look its free to air for everyone to view. The biggest footy tournament in the world is still available for all.

Ads are not really a massive issue, yes, Townsend is a coc*. Maybe just enjoy it in the main and realise most countries get a lot worse coverage

BBC is free to air and don't miss showing goals because of a desperation to get the next set of ads on. My heart drops when I see that a match I want to watch is being aired on ITV. I struggle to understand why ITV never get it right while BBC and Sky always do.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Fabio Cannavaro - Italian world cup winning captain. Great pundit credentials but his English just isn't good enough to deal with Chile's idiotic ramblings and questions.

That's the guy. No good having great pundit credentials if you can't understand the language. He was really struggling the last match I watched. Almost felt sorry for Hoddle having to be on the same panel. Surely ITV can find a foreigner with better language skills?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I was impressed thought he brought up some valid points.

I kind of thought the same thing. A couple of times, when he and Henry were talking, it was pretty interesting.

Problem with Ferdinand is his manner. Looks a bit like he wants to start a fight with you rather than discuss football tactics.

Shearer is a chump.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
ITV have one trump-card up their sleeves. This fella is due on their sofa v.soon...

Gus-Poyet-on-the-BBC-008.jpg

via - http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sunderland-boss-gus-poyet-tv-7113689

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here