Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] MULLERY BACKS HYYPIA TO BE SUCCESS

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Club ambassador Alan Mullery says Sami Hyypia has the perfect environment to make a success of his managerial tenure with Brighton & Hove Albion.

The ex-Liverpool star was officially unveiled yesterday at a press conference at the club’s new training complex at Lancing – which opens its doors to the players when they report back for pre-season training next month.Mullery told seagulls.co.uk, “It’s a wonderful opportunity for Sami when you look at the infrastructure that’s now in place here. The stadium is one of the best in the country and now we have a training complex to match, so when you’ve got these facilities, you’ve got to make the most of them and I wish him all the best.
“When he spoke to the press, I thought he came across very well. He was very confident in his ability and how he feels he has learnt a lot from his time at Liverpool under Rafa Benitez.
“If he does the job that the chairman, the chief executive and we all think he can, then hopefully we can make a push for the top six and get promotion.”
Mullery, though, has warned that the 2014/15 Championship season will be as tough as ever, with Fulham, Norwich and Cardiff the latest clubs to have fallen through the Premier League trapdoor.

“We have another three teams coming down with parachute payments and we are talking about eight or nine teams from the Premier League in recent seasons now playing in the Championship.“For that reason we have done very well to make the play-offs these last couple of seasons and that is testament to the homework done by the chairman and Paul Barber. Now we have a new coach who has a very, very good opportunity to do something with a football club whose progression has been wonderful.
“He had 15 months where he did very well at Bayer Leverkusen and I can even see some similarities with his appointment and my own arrival here as manager. I took over from the Clough and Taylor era, who had just missed out on promotion. I took on the baton and then helped the club into the top-flight for the first time. I just hope lightning strikes twice and we see Sami leading us into the Premier League.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here