Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Legend: New Kray twins film.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Will this cover the peodophillia parties with kids from their beloved children's homes they supported (allegedly)

Well, it's written by Brian Helgeland who adapted LA Confidential and he's not known to shy away from harsh subjects. Both Krays are brown bread now so no reason it couldn't be suggested.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Are you in it Nibble?

Not Legend but I do have a part in the East India Drama, which is going to be epic. I am lobbying to get on Peaky Blinders as I love that prog. Big fan of period stuff.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Great casting from a physical viewpoint, the guy looks very much like them.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Great casting from a physical viewpoint, the guy looks very much like them.

Looking at this picture they've certainly got Hardy's look spot on for the film.

Legend-009.jpg

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
What next? Lovers: A biopic about the misunderstood peadophiles Ian Brady and Myra Hindley, the nature lovers and outdoorsy types with a penchant for killing children

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Well, it's written by Brian Helgeland who adapted LA Confidential and he's not known to shy away from harsh subjects. Both Krays are brown bread now so no reason it couldn't be suggested.

Is Lord Boothby still alive?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Both Krays are brown bread

Please just use 'brown' in future Nibble. 'Brown bread' makes you sound like a bleedin' cockney amateur!

Incorrect: 'What's the Bobby Moore with them crooked apples and pears'
Correct: 'What's the Bobby with them apples?'

Tom Hardy is a legend.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Please just use 'brown' in future Nibble. 'Brown bread' makes you sound like a bleedin' cockney amateur!

Tom Hardy is a legend.

Brown bread is one of those cockney couplets that rarely gets shortened to just the one word. I am lead to believe. Who knows. It's all just a right royal cockney barrel of monkeys if you ask me.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

Tom Hardy is a legend.
Actually you´re wrong there , with most older phrases in cockney rhyming slang , you correctly state only the first part is used , but with a lot of the newer ones , ie bobby moore , then the whole phrase is used , a prime example being "get carter" for starter when having a meal, so i"m afraid its your good self who sounds like the amateur , masquerading as the expert.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Actually you´re wrong there , with most older phrases in cockney rhyming slang , you correctly state only the first part is used , but with a lot of the newer ones , ie bobby moore , then the whole phrase is used , a prime example being "get carter" for starter when having a meal, so i"m afraid its your good self who sounds like the amateur , masquerading as the expert.

Scenario One: Tom Hardy (as one of the Kray Perverts): Oi, did you 'ear that Jack the 'at's brahn bread?

Scenario Two: Tom Hardy (as one of the Kray Perverts): Oi, did you 'ear that Jack the 'at's brahn?'

I know which one I'd pay to see!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Scenario One: Tom Hardy (as one of the Kray Perverts): Oi, did you 'ear that Jack the 'at's brahn bread?

Scenario Two: Tom Hardy (as one of the Kray Perverts): Oi, did you 'ear that Jack the 'at's brahn?'

I know which one I'd pay to see!

I'm not sure that the Krays even used rhyming slang. I'm sure I read somewhere they considered themselves above the language of common thieves.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Either way, they were a pair of perverted wrong 'uns and it was a good day for London when they got banged up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here