Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apologising

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
our politics has become pretty petty if holding a mainstream newspaper causes offense.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It's a very odd state of affairs. He's been pictured with the Sun loads of times, so it's hardly a momentary lapse. This from only last month:

160d8xf.jpg

I don't think anyone from Self-Pity City asked him to apologise for that photo-opportunity or the previous ones either.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'd be worried if our politicians weren't checking out EVERY daily they can get their hands, time permitting. As shockingly shit as some of them are or even as abhorant as some are it is what the people of the UK read and they should know what they are filling their heads with.

However, posing with it, as these other politicians have also done is such a second rate and wholly misjudged attempt to be "one of the lads" and in touch with the man on the street that it just confirms our thoughts about these shitheels.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
"He is sorry to those who feel offended..."

= Doesn't really think he's done anything wrong.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Why shouldn't they have a pop?

Disgusting what those ***** wrote. This free paper thing has been one of their biggest ever publicity stunts.

Good on the scousers for having a go at them and anyone associated with it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Lord Storey: "I don't think people outside of Merseyside realise the great upset and harm The Sun caused to the people of this city"

No. I don't think that it's been mentioned that much in the last 25 years.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Lord Storey: "I don't think people outside of Merseyside realise the great upset and harm The Sun caused to the people of this city"

Might have had something to do with the cover up and smear from the authorities for the last 25 years no?

Or, god forbid if something happened to one of our loved ones, and then we were lied about by police/governments/newspapers, we'd all go, oh yes, sorry about that? Didn't mean to be any trouble.

Unbelievable that people still trot out this stuff after all the facts came out.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Might have had something to do with the cover up and smear from the authorities for the last 25 years no?

Or, god forbid if something happened to one of our loved ones, and then we were lied about by police/governments/newspapers, we'd all go, oh yes, sorry about that? Didn't mean to be any trouble.

Unbelievable that people still trot out this stuff after all the facts came out.

This is all about the Sun though who've unreservedly apologised for mis reporting the disaster.

The cause and progression of the disaster, which has nothing to do with the Sun, is being investigated in great depth at this very moment.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I wonder what The Sun would actually have to do to deal with this - short of having Kelvin McKenzie tarred, feather, and then submerged in Albert Dock?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

LOL

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Did Liverpool FC ever officially apologise to Chelsea Football Club for remarks by their then chairman, John Smith attributing the blame for Heysel to Chelsea fans?

Or more pertinently, the Liverpool Echo who "devoted swaths of space to witnesses' accounts reporting that the riot had been the work of the National Front, Chelsea or Leeds supporters or had even, as one diehard Red insisted, been provoked by disgruntled Evertonians. Liberal councillor Peter Millea, who was at the match, told the Echo he distinctly made out a contingent of skinheads wearing Union Jack T-shirts and speaking with cockney accents."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2005/apr/03/newsstory.sport14

Righteous indignation can be a two-way street.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Whilst I have little time for the Sun, alright, a bit of time for any paper that comes up with the headlines 'Diniz in the oven' and 'Swedes 2 Turnips 1', what it printed was briefed to them by an MP and Chief of Police. 1, if not both, of those guys knew what they were saying to be lies whereas Kelvin Mackenzie was crossing his fingers and taking a flyer to sell papers. They for me, are the real villians of the piece. Bismirching the dead in order to take some of the blame off themselves. What a way to behave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here