Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Improvements to NSC or new features to add

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Anything you'd like to see added to the site - maybe something you've seen on another forum or maybe something we had here once that isn't here any more.

No promises it will get added, but it will be considered. Ask away....

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
A sub-forum with links to the message boards of our competitors. (Think we used to have this or may still do but I can't find it)

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
A paid for subscription part of the site, where those of us that just want to discuss football can, without having to tolerate the wind up merchants, who can only reply with insults, one line posts, and those who make out they are football oracles, yet have no ability to post an opinion of their own.

Anyone would be free to join and pay their subs, but once a month or so, we could have a black ball session, so if any of the idiots did get though, we could boot them out!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Either contued use of the current squad contracts sticky, or a replacement feature which shows this info.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
A few improvements:

A live feed of all current players' (and other notable people: Andy Naylor, Noelia Deniz, Leon Knight) tweets.

The immediate official announcement that the Honey Badger is, and always will be the hardest animal in the world, and that the Mantis Shrimp is nothing more than a very camp impostor with a good PR team.

More Jamie-ing

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
A paid for subscription part of the site, where those of us that just want to discuss football can, without having to tolerate the wind up merchants, who can only reply with insults, one line posts, and those who make out they are football oracles, yet have no ability to post an opinion of their own.

Anyone would be free to join and pay their subs, but once a month or so, we could have a black ball session, so if any of the idiots did get though, we could boot them out!

Is that just for the 'Gillingham diehards' who regard everyone else as an absolute plastic fan?

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
A Sherlock emoticon sher.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The long awaited Albion wiki, and a ressurection of the NSC blog.

The former is very easy to get up and running, but it will take effort to get it populated and make it worthwhile.

I have been considering offering a 'carrot' along the lines of a pot of money available to initial wiki entry creators. I'm thinking out loud here, but something like 10p per article. That doesn't sound much, I know, but if someone put a bit of effort in (and copy and pasting from Wikipedia would be a start), a reasonable sum could be picked up.

The blog or, more specifically, more structured content is on the cards for next season and I will be looking for writers for that. There will be modest payments made to those who regularly submit decent quality content. Match reports, for example, that are more fan-centric than those published by the club, the Argus and the BBC etc will be particularly well received.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
At the bottom of each thread a list of users currently viewing the thread.

I can quickly add those who have viewed a thread ever (as I have that already). Not so sure about viewing now. I suspect it could be quite CPU intensive, hence costly.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Reinstate the live chat thing. Used to enjoy that during away games I wasn't at (most)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here