Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever owned/worn another nation's football shirt (or similar)

Have you or do you wear a shirt or t-shirt of another nation's football team?

• Yes I have/do/would

Votes: 105 67.3%
  • No I haven't/don't/wouldn't

Votes: 51 32.7%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Watching the game last night reminded me of when my parents brought me a Brazil kit when I was a wee nipper, and how you often see other nations' shirts or t-shirts for sale - typically Brazil or Italy it seems.

I can't see me buying an England shirt in any kind of hurry, but I certainly would not buy the shirt of another country either for me or for my kids.

Have you, do you or would you? Why?

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Yeah I've got a couple of Poland shirts, but then I'm half polish, so not sure if it counts as a different nation. Should state when they play each other there is only one team I'm supporting, which is England.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I don't have an England shirt, although I would, possibly, consider getting the Brazilian one if it was cheap, just because I quite like yellow. I don't think there'd be any other, unless it was for a bet, good cause, etc...

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I have Cyprus and Malta shirts as I've bought them whilst on holiday and wear them when I'm going to the gym.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I've got a Brazil '70 Shirt, 'cos that was the best football team ever!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yup. I have owned a German shirt and an Azerbaijan shirt. The first one I bought to join in with the Germans at the Euros 6 years ago. It had Podolski on the back. And I bought the Azerbaijan shirt when I went to see England play there some years ago; bought as a souvenir.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I used to have a 70's Brazil track top, but it got relegated to gardening and stuff, and is now long gone.

Still have an Adidas 70's NIPPON top.

untitled.jpg

Last edited:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
When I was about 6 I inherited a FRANCE shirt from one of my brothers, no idea why they had it in the first place and I'm certainly not proud of it :down:

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
i've been to Honduras a couple of times and bought their blue and white striped shirt. have even worn it to the amex. shame they don't still have it.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Used to have a vintage Portugal shirt worn at Euro 96 and Euro 2000 I loved their football. Don't see anything wrong picking up another shirt, there are some good ones out there.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I've got a fair few moody national football tops from my hols. I've got Malaysia, India (Adidas and Nike - no idea which is supposed to be the real one), Goa, Malta, Gozo (the little island next to Malta), Lithuania, Egypt. They're all sitting in a drawer, never worn them and doubt I ever will.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I've got a really good SAMARAS 27 Blue Greece Shirt from about 7/8 years ago or so. I have zero connection with Greece.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I have a few random African ones. Tunisa, Kenya and Zanzibar. The latter is the only one that I ever actually wear.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here