Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spray lines ....

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Using a straight line however does not ensure all players are 10 yards from the ball. The line needs to be sprayed in an Arc! Fair Play needs to exist in all forms of football!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Who decided they had to be white rather than any other colour. Racism. Blatter out. :)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I am certain this idea was trialled a fair few years back, in Brazil, and was not adopted by FIFA. I guess the backhanders offered to Septic Bladder not to adopt it were too big.

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
This is a great idea. It can only help stop the wall creepers. The rule should be, if you step over it at all you get a yellow card.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This is a great idea. It can only help stop the wall creepers. The rule should be, if you step over it at all you get a yellow card.

This, It does need to be properly enforced though, a bit like the jostling and hand offs in the box at corners and free kicks.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
This, It does need to be properly enforced though, a bit like the jostling and hand offs in the box at corners and free kicks.

They just need to say no pulling of shirts or holding players, if you do it will be a yellow card and a penalty. It would stop almost straight away. But for some reason they don't want to go down that route.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Just need to get the Refs to measure out 10 yards properly now, rather than the 8/9 yards they usually do

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I am certain this idea was trialled a fair few years back, in Brazil, and was not adopted by FIFA. I guess the backhanders offered to Septic Bladder not to adopt it were too big.

Definitely was tried and I thought it was a great idea at the time, don't know why it didn't catch on.

They just need to say no pulling of shirts or holding players, if you do it will be a yellow card and a penalty. It would stop almost straight away. But for some reason they don't want to go down that route.

Following the same principle I think all players hands should be coated in a visible substance which shows up on an opponents shirt if you jostle or man handle them.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Following the same principle I think all players hands should be coated in a visible substance which shows up on an opponents shirt if you jostle or man handle them.

Velcro seams on the shirts, if they get tugged, they come apart, simple decision for the referee.

Or, they have sprayed on shirts, then they couldn't be tugged

painted%u00252Bworld%2Bcup%2Bjersey.jpg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Shouldn't be a straight line though should it.......should be an arc with a radius of 10 yards! :rolleyes:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A few more penalties like last night would stop anyone touching another player in the box.

Good point, you see worse pushing/shoving and holding in the box before a free kick or corner but, are they getting away with it as the ball is not " live " at the time ?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Shouldn't be a straight line though should it.......should be an arc with a radius of 10 yards! :rolleyes:

Technically, but I don't actually mind it not being exact, I just like the idea of the ref saying "you stay where I tell you" andgeing able to enforce it

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I reckon it would be better and harder to 'cheat' if the ref carried a length of 4x2 and placed it 10 yards from the ball. Then, in a similar manner to the oche in darts, toes would have to be behind said timber. Plasticine could be administered and any misdemeanours would clearly be visible, as indeed would the perpetrator à la long jump
In a deluxe version a metal rod could be used carrying a few volts.

Just a thought.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
As a referee myself, its a great thing as the walls always creep forwards and the attackers always try to move the ball when your not looking too.

As for the line not being curved, the wall doesnt stand curved anyway and the central defender in the wall would then be more than 10 yards away, a straight line is so much more easier.

Might just buy a can of shaving foam and use that until all referees worldwide are allowed to use it, as this will eventually be the case. Wouldnt be surprised if the Premier League have it next season, if not the season after that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here