Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scolari - cock

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As if the "waving imaginary card" wasn't bad enough, this is what he has to say about that appalling penalty decision:

"Millions didn't see the penalty? The referee did and he said it was a penalty and they are the ones that must decide.
"We also think it was a penalty. I have seen it 10 times and I think it is a penalty."

Even if he genuinely believes that (and I have to say I don't), would it have killed him to empathise with the aggrieved Croatian coach, especially given that Croatia also had a goal that probably shouldn't have been ruled out?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
As if the "waving imaginary card" wasn't bad enough, this is what he has to say about that appalling penalty decision:

"Millions didn't see the penalty? The referee did and he said it was a penalty and they are the ones that must decide.
"We also think it was a penalty. I have seen it 10 times and I think it is a penalty."

Even if he genuinely believes that (and I have to say I don't), would it have killed him to empathise with the aggrieved Croatian coach, especially given that Croatia also had a goal that probably shouldn't have been ruled out?

Don't worry they'll be out in the quarters.....

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
My loathing for Brazil reaches new heights. I hope to god they get knocked out in the Round of 16 by Spain/Chile/Netrherlands. You just know if/when they hit some sort of form the verbal ******* by the press and TV teams wil be nauseating. Not the first time a Brazilian has cheated at the World Cup.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Don't worry they'll be out in the quarters.....

They'll be out in the next round if they play like that against Spain, Holland or Chile. Although Bladder will probably have a word with the officials if it's looking likely.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
He wasn't alone in waving the magic yellow card. After Croatia's "goal" was disallowed for the foul on the keeper I saw a Brazil player asking for the players complaining to be carded.

Horrible behaviour. Akin to the fergie effect!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
You do have to think how bad the riots would be if Brazil had got knocked in the first round.

He reminds me of Cliff Clavin from "Cheers" and looks like the stadium janitor. I picture him 30' after the end of the game, looking at his watch, tutting and asking spectators if they have homes to go to as he has got to put Harpic down all the loos and then lock up.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My loathing for Brazil reaches new heights. I hope to god they get knocked out in the Round of 16 by Spain/Chile/Netrherlands. You just know if/when they hit some sort of form the verbal ******* by the press and TV teams wil be nauseating. Not the first time a Brazilian has cheated at the World Cup.

Um. did you post this from the wrong account, by mistake!? Surely 'Crodo - the Champion of the Banal', should be urging us to celebrate the SAMBA KINGS magnificent victory? Tut tut.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

It was a very dodgy penalty, I wonder how Big Phil would have felt if that penalty had been awarded against Brazil ? I expect he would have "looked at it 10 times and it still was not a penalty ." Fred did in fact break some of Newtons Law's I think last night, he actually went down faster than gravity allows !

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Yes he is a cock. The same classless fat oaf who threatened to fight a journalist no less. So glad he didn't become our manager.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Classless is the best description.

No way Brazil will win it based on that display.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Not sure if it was the "support the underdog" in me but I found myself rooting for Croatia.

The Croatia 2nd goal looked fine to me and the penalty looked as soft as I've ever seen.

Was this a "homer" ref, a corrupt ref, or just an inept ref. Either way, FIFA will be in deep poo with their credibility / respect if we see much more of this.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Immense pressure on them to win that on home soil. Their behaviour not particularly Brazilian. Not good.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I think what annoyed me the most was the hypocrisy of the Brazilians - doing down like a sack of shit at the slightest touch yet putting in some dangerous tackles (and whatever appendage they could) claiming they were fair tackles. The waving of imaginary cards is just despicable behaviour.

I genuinely hope that Brazil crash and burn this tournament. I doubt they will, no doubt they'll go on and win the flippin' thing.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
When we get knocked out I was wanting them to win - but now I want them to be knocked out asap

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Scolari always comes out with complete shit. I remember when he was Portugal boss it was the same. Agree he should be a bit more respectful or other teams.

Not sure why the English find the waving the imaginary card 'despicable' though? No one ever says anything about players rushing up to the ref and shouting at him after a foul in the same way. I can well imagine fans in Brazil looking at that and saying it's 'despicable' and typically English.

Find this modern obsession with everything that goes on off the ball as boring myself. Shit happens, get on with it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Since we're Scolari-bashing, how about the fact he is currently under investigation in Portugal for Euros 7.4 million tax fraud? Makes Harry Redknapp look angelic by comparison.

Basically, Scolari is a cheat endorsing another cheat in a competition runs by cheats.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here