Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] FERRET'S WORLD CUP TIPS

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
The World Cup is upon us at last - and that means plenty of betting opportunities with Sky Bet - the official bookmaking partners of Brighton & Hove Albion. Keep your browser home page set to Sky Bet in order to see and take advantage of all of the great offers and promotions.To kick off the tournament, in conjunction with Sky Sports Soccer Saturday, punters have a chance to win a £100,000 jackpot, simply by getting six correct scores in the opening days of the tournament. The competition will be repeated each week of the competition, so there will be multiple chances to win .... and the best thing of all .... it is absolutely free to enter!
The first round begins this Saturday with Colombia’s Group C clash with Greece, followed by the evening's double header of Uruguay v Costa Rica and England v Italy.
The second clash in Group C - Ivory Coast v Japan, is the fourth fixture in the early hours of Sunday morning, before Group E brings the first Super6 to a close as Switzerland face Ecuador before France look to avoid an upset against Honduras.
If the jackpot is not won then a guaranteed £5,000 will be handed out to the highest scoring player, with five points rewarded for bagging a correct score and two for getting the result right.
Full details and the entry form can be found at* super6.skysports.com***

I'll be taking a closer look at England's opening match in my next column, but for now we will concentrate on the tournament's opening games.Brazil have been installed as Sky Bet's 11/4 favourites to win the World Cup, with Argentina 4/1 and then Spain and Germany coupled at 6/1.* You can get 20/1 and upwards for any other team, revealing that - from the bookmakers’ perspective at least - this is a four-team contest.
Cream usually rises to the top in the World Cup and so it is difficult to predict an outsider to lift the trophy. Two of the outsiders Italy @ 25/1 and Uruguay @ 28/1 are slightly overpriced, but that is purely because they are in the same group as England, whose odds are always under priced due to the sheer weight of patriotic money.* My advice - back them to finish in the Top 3.* Italy @ 13/2 and Uruguay @ 15/2*
Therefore to find true betting value we need to look elsewhere and with the opening games taking place in Group A and B, that is where we will start.* Brazil are 1/5 to top Group A and I won't oppose them but Mexico are 7/5 to qualify and that is worth a shout. Croatia are expected to follow Brazil into the next round, but I think it is a toss of the coin job and 7/5 is certainly overpriced.
Often there is an upset or two in the Group stages, with an unfancied team finishing top of the pile while the favourites scrape through in second.* Group B offers one such opportunity with Chile - 4/1 with Sky Bet to win the group. Spain and Holland are the fancied two but they may neutralise themselves and allow their South American competitors to sail past on the outside. With that in mind, take the 12/5 on offer for the Spain/Holland match to end in a draw.*

Next time we will look at Group C, D, E and F, but for the time being, Good Luck and Happy Punting!

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here