Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Hangovers At Work

Flex Your Head

Today, I am very ashamed to say, I had to get off my train at a small station in south London and throw up copiously and noisily in full view of 2crowded trains. I splashed vom on my shoes and trouser legs. And then I was sick again. And again. And again. There was no toilet or, in fact, any facilities at all, and I had a single Patisserie Valerie napkin in my bag to wipe myself down with.
I then had to board the next train to London and pretend that nothing had happened, whilst doubtless honking like a wrong 'un. I wear a suit so I didn't resemble a tramp completely, but I still looked pretty rank.

Work has been awful. I feel knackered with a head that aches like a *******, and have had to slope off to the bogs for one final chuck. Fortunately, it's quiet in the office today, so I've been able to ease up a little, but I now have two hour-long back-to-back conference calls :down:

What's been your worst hangover at work?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
ouch

I'm generally pretty good these days at making sure I am NEVER in that situation again.

Not so in the past.

The one that I always remember though was my first ever hangover. I was 19. Always said to people, 'I don't get hangovers'. Oh happy days. Then, went out one tuesday night. Had a bottle of wine at home and beers at pub. No worries, 'I don't get hangovers'.

Worked at Our Price at the time. It's no great story but I will never forget waking up and thinking, 'Shit. This is a hangover.'

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I had a single Patisserie Valerie napkin in my bag

That's living alright. :thumbsup:

I don't think I've gone to work with a hangover for a good number of years - as the years have passed, my hatred of feeling and being sick slowly began to catch up with and then overtake my pleasure at being intoxicated. It's a real shame, but it's probably saved me a fair bit of money. The worst I can remember is just feeling really, really terrible - never had to get off the train or leave my desk to vomit, thank goodness. Good luck with those calls. I once had to perform a presentation with a stomach upset. Quite worrying.

Flex Your Head

Managed to wrap up the first call in 25 minutes, which is a result. The next one is a lot more complex though, so my joy might be short-lived.

I don't make a habit of it, especially as I'm most definitely old enough to know better, but the time previous to today, I asked if I could leave work early as I wanted to attend my partner's scan at the hospital - she was about 26 weeks pregnant at the time. Work was fine about it, and I left at lunchtime.
It is to my great shame that I actually went home to bed rather than to the hospital. (I was there for the other 4 though, honest.)

Twice in about 15 years isn't too bad really.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
When we lost to Italy on Pens in the Euros, the night started off fairly sensible, however after losing the shots started flowing and we decided to have a part at a mates house, a bird showed up that i had a strong intrest in so stuck around, until 4am, took her back to mine however I had to be up at 6 as I was traverling to Essex for work the next day without any sleep, I was clearly pissed until about 10 and then the mother of all hangovers kicked in, I took an hours lunch and found a disabled toilet which i took shelter in, it looked fairly clean so I had about an hours nervous nap in a toilet before back to work. managed it through the day and learnt a heavy lesson never to be so stupid again.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Flex,

I feel for you mate. My other half always says "well, you brought it on yourself"
which is a great comfort.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Once my old boss let me sleep it off in his office, had a kip on his desk and he left me to it! He saw the funny side of it, fortunately.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I try not to drink too much during the week nowadays, it hurts the next day.

Going back 10 years to when I was 25 and in my drinking on school nights days I went up the pub after work one day, got there at 6pm and stayed til closing drinking 7 pints of Stella in the process without eating anything.

I wobbled and wound my way home bouncing off hedges etc and crashed out in bed. My alarm went off at 5am to go back to work and I felt HORRIFIC!!!

I got some clothes on and began the walk back to the pub to get the car and hope the walk helped make me feel better. I felt a bit better when I left but living in woodingdean and had to get to Lancing. At the junction of the a23 I started feeling sick but thought I could make it. I didn't. I threw up over my steering wheel and myself at the traffic lights at Shoreham airport junction.

So I got to work, cleaned myself up as best I could and gave the car insides a clean and started work.

That was the longest day of my working life and when I left I realised just how bad a job I'd done of cleaning the car. It smelt awful and i had missed a few spots , not helped by the baking sun shining through the windscreen all day.

Hence I never get plastered on a work night any more, I still get drunk and get the occasional hangover but not in that league again.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here