Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Barber interview on Seagulls World

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The majority of us do understand FFP and the fact that the manager does have a significant say on signings, trouble is a few shit stirrers peddle a different agenda.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
He continues to appear to be a top bloke that I will continue to put my trust in but, sometimes just sometimes, I wish the interviewer had a more incisive mind/script. The questions that need to be asked are rarely asked, particularly when one of Mr. Barber's responses demands that such a question be asked.

Still, I remain committed, trusting and faithful... and that's it. If you don't, then that's fine too. I trust my own judgment in retaining my trust.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Very good interview and makes a lot more sense of how the club is run than a lot of the nonsense that's posted on here from people supposedly in the know.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Of course, but there are plenty on this site who swear blind that Oscar had no say at all.

And of course, they were all expressing irrefutable fact rather than worthless opinion.....

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Reminded me of COMICAL Ali sat in Baghdad saying there were no Yank soldiers there, just PROPAGANDA for the LICKERS to lap up

Get signing some DECENT players and then we will KNOW

They could have made it a bit more realistic by having Guy Butters and Paul Clark on the pitch as Paul Barber says he hasn't seen any tanks at The Amex. :lol:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm with Bill Hicks on people that work in marketing and advertising (search the Internet if you're not familiar), which makes what I'm about to say all the more strange:
Paul Barber is hugely impressive, and is a real asset to the club. He works so hard, despite so many idiotic -- and that is the correct word -- fans that broadly waste his time. To embellish this point, whenever a fan contacts him, he responds, often pretty much immediately; now this initial response is just a personal (note personal, not automated) response to recognise that he's received this message and doesn't have an immediate reply to it, which is followed by a fuller account, directly dealing with the proposed matter.
Beyond all that, as the interview indicates, the selection process for Hyypia was hugely admirable, as were those doing the selecting.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The majority of us do understand FFP and the fact that the manager does have a significant say on signings, trouble is a few shit stirrers peddle a different agenda.

I hear what you are saying, but I don't think it is deliberate trouble-making, as I really believe we all want the best for our club.

I just genuinely believe people are ill informed......

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He continues to appear to be a top bloke that I will continue to put my trust in but, sometimes just sometimes, I wish the interviewer had a more incisive mind/script. The questions that need to be asked are rarely asked, particularly when one of Mr. Barber's responses demands that such a question be asked.

Still, I remain committed, trusting and faithful... and that's it. If you don't, then that's fine too. I trust my own judgment in retaining my trust.

It was well stage managed and professional. Let's see how it pans out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here