Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] WOMEN: ALBION APPOINT MARRS

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Brighton & Hove Albion have appointed James Marrs as the new women’s first-team head coach.

Marrs arrives at the club after guiding Gillingham to second place in the Women’s Premier League Southern Division and is relishing the challenge ahead.He told seagulls.co.uk “I had a conversation with Tracy last year and she asked me whether I’d be interested in coming down for a chat, but unfortunately it was too late in my pre-season preparations with Gillingham for me to do that.
“Then we had another conversation recently and I knew the club was going places and wanted to be a part of that.
“The first thing that struck me was the professionalism of everything here. As soon as you come into the stadium, you see what the plans are and everything is very impressive; so it was quite an easy decision really.
“The support from the men’s side of the club is incredible and that will play a big factor in us securing Women’s Super League (WSL) football one day.

“Now we’ve got to focus on getting things right on the pitch, so we can all move in the right direction.”The new head coach is also looking forward to working with a new squad of players and is targeting an improvement on last season’s seventh place finish.
“It’s a very competitive league and anyone can beat anyone. I found that out last year after losing to the teams that finished near the bottom of the league.
“It’s just about the team who can put the most consistent run together. Coventry did that in the second half of the season and won the league.
“I’m looking forward to working with some of the really good players down here, getting to grips with them and hope we move in the right direction. If the season started now then I’d be a happy man.”
Elite women and girls football manager, Tracy Doe, is pleased with the appointment of James and is full of optimism going into the new campaign.
She added, “I’m very happy to have James on board.
“I have a lot of optimism going into the new season, but any transition like this is difficult. It will take a while for the players to get used to him, but I’m sure that by the time we start the new season, everything will be fine.
“Whether it’s on or off the pitch, we want to be pushing for that spot in the WSL and that will be always be our ultimate aim.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here