Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Beer Garden in Brighton & Hove

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Inspired by the thread on country pubs the other day, it made me consider how lacking in beer gardens Brighton is.

Struggling beyond Hove Place and the Trafalgar to be honest, any other decent shouts?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I rather like the gardens at both Hangleton Manor and the Downsman.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The view from the Setting Sun is quite something. The Bat and Ball not quite as much.

Setting Sun (photo doesn't do it justice)

2vjc4ky.jpg

Bat and Ball

oiapau.jpg

Last edited:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The Hobgoblin on London Road has a large outdoor area with plenty of tables and seating, quite like it there but has a younger crowd. It also has Troll's Pantry who sell the finest burgers in Brighton

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Paris Wine Bar in Church Road has quite a nice alfresco area - though I was a tad inebriated when I ventured out there a few Saturday evenings ago!
A special mention MUST go to The Seafields Mediterranean Sun Terrace - which probably gets the sun about twice a year and is likely to be the most unwelcoming outside drinking area to a non-regular in Brighton and Hove!!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Second the setting sun, amazing views this time of year. Where has a large garden but very under used and overgrown is the lecturn on Lewes road. Could do so much more with their outside space

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I used to like the Crescent but that was quite a long time ago now :(

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I recognise that others have problem with this pub, but I'm really, really fond of the Waggon and Horses for a bit of exterior collective liquid indulgence. I've just returned from spending a happy couple of hours there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here