Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East Sritling FC

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
The chairman from East Stirling FC has just been on talksport.

His name is Tony Ford, turns out he's originally from Haywards Heath and he supports Brighton.

anyone know of Mr Ford.

Potential away friendly anyone?

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Back in 2004 when we were campaigning for Falmer and helping Wrexham save their club, I was approached by two guys from East Stirlingshire (they are not called East Stirling because they are in Falkirk, sorry to be a pedant!) who were trying to save their club too. I can only imagine there has been a take over since then. I also recall the owner and chairman of Hamilton Academicals was VERY supportive of Brighton and our Falmer campaign.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Still owed a yet to be played friendly with Chelsea allegedly for a transfer in the 1960s

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I heard that as I was driving along today.
Ironic thing is that East Stirling are my Scotch club I taken an interest in their results for many years.
I don't know why, maybe its because they always do really badly although the last couple of seasons they have improved.
I saw a picture of their ground, its an absolute toilet.
The fact that their chairman is an Albion fan has given me a nice warm feeling.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Ground looks fine, albeit a bit small. I can't see the problem.

_1113880_firspark300.jpg

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Fordy or Rear Admiral Tony Ford is a founder BHAlba and a great great guy. After commanding our naval sea fleet Tony took on the far greater and infinitely more challenging task of saving East Sritling. He was also, in a previous decade, a key component in the Albion survival movement.

World Cup 2002, he famously told his Commanding Officer at Naval HQ to ' f**k off and stop bothering me with tales of faulty trident submarines !'
He went on to state ' I am watching the England vs Germany match. I don't care what state that bloody submarine is in.'

I know , cos I was there at his gaff in Dunblane.

All the best to him, true Albion great that man!

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here