Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dumb and Dumber To trailer

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The first one is in my top 5 comedy films of all time. It is superb. This looks great too.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Is it just me that thought the first one was crap?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Never saw the first one, not a Jim Carrey fan. The trailer looks funny but probably contains the best parts so I won't be going to the cinema to watch the 90 min extended trailer.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I love Jim Carrey. He is a Legend.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
i-like-it-alot-o.gif

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I go back and forth on it.

On the one hand, the trailer starts with a joke from the first film (do something stupid, seem like you're going to rant about it, then express ill-founded joy at it), suggesting rehashing of old jokes. The story appears to have Jim Carrey (53) lusting after girl half his age, which isn't something I'm interested in, and the horny old lady joke seems too lazy and cheaply crude (I don't recall the first going for such a joke).

On the other hand, I did really like the first one, it is one of the films of its generation that still holds up. It has taken a while to get the sequel together, which would suggest that it has a bit more value than one that is thrown together the following year hoping to capitalise on the first one's success, and there were some moments that made me laugh in the trailer (the phone call.

I suspect it will end up being one of those films that the more academic film critics hate, but ends up being quite successful and I will watch it and enjoy it, but feel guilty for doing so.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
People are conveniently forgetting the 2003 prequel, Dumb and Dumberer...

thanks, i thought they had done a sequeal already and wondered if i were going mad.

and because this will be third, and 20 years on, i dont expect its going to be any good. it *will* be the same jokes, because its the same characters, so rests on a decent plot and ideas along the way to get through the length of a film. the Acker79 preview doesnt bode well.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here