Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England V Italy drinking games

leo1901

May 22, 2014
Having a party on Saturday with a sizeable group of people. Needless to say the game is gonna be enough fun for those that like football (Me) but everyone else, a lot of girls included, will probs be a little bored.

So I'm implementing a drinking game, so far rules include the usual, goals, fouls, cards and players names but anymore you could help a brother out with would be great. Drink everytime the camera focuses on Wayne Rooneys exapserated face is one also... :drink:

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
http://uniladmag.com/sport/rio-2014-drinking-game/

The basic rules will stay the same for every game:

1) Take 1 shot per goal
2) 1 shot for a yellow card
3) 2 shots for a red card
4) There is no bathroom break allowed until the first goal, or yellow card.
5) Left hand rule for the first half, you must drink with only your left hand.
6) Right hand rule for the second half.
7) Every time the ball is picked up you must begin drinking your beer or cider and can’t stop until it is put down, this can be a goalkeeper, ref or outfield player.
8) When a penalty is awarded you must shout goal or miss, if you are wrong you must down your drink.
9) If an own goal is scored everyone must down their drinks.
10) If someone goes down injured you must drink until he gets up again.
11) Take a shot for every sub that’s made.
12) Every time a hot girl is shown in the crowd you must drink, if you’re the only one who thinks she’s hot you must down your drink.
13) If you break a rule, ie left hand rule, or bathroom rule or fail to drink a shot you will be awarded a yellow card. You don’t want to receive two yellows, if you do then the empty pint glass must be filled with some of everyone’s drink and a full shot must be downed!

England Game Rules:

Use all of the above rules for England games but add in theses additional rules:

1) You must sing the national anthem, if you are heard singing the wrong words you must down a shot after.
2) Every time a bald England fan with no top on is pictured on screen you must take a shot.
3) When England score you must down a shot as quick as you can and do the Sturridge celebration. The last person to complete the shot and celebration must down another shot.
4) You must drink every time you see Jack Wilshire hit the deck.
5) If England concede a goal everyone must down their drink before taking a shot.
6) Drink every time the England bench is shown.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
As per any World Cup, a shot any time the year "1966" is mentioned.

Drink up any time it is mentioned that this is a "young" team.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
What about: every time Johnson looses the ball? Or: every time Pirlo touches the ball?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A game of Pass the Straw (or beermat) can be fun when watching the soccerball with an large group.

Everyone puts in a quid at the start. You select a minute in the game according to the clock on the screen (so if its the start of the game, select say the 10.00 minute mark). Every time the ball goes "dead", ie out for a throw, a corner, a goal, a foul, whatever, the straw gets passed to the person on your right, who keeps hold of it until the next time it goes dead. Whoever is left holding the straw when the selected minute arrives (down to the SECOND) wins the pot. You can then start again, selecting the 15.00 minute or 20.00 minute mark, whatever.

Sounds a bit ANAL I know, but as the clock ticks down, the tension for the ball to stay in play, or for someone NOT to commit a foul, can become nerve-shredding if you are in possession, or next in line to receive the straw. I was within 2 seconds of winning £13 (yes THIRTEEN pounds) one time, until Frank Lampard booted some Ukrainian up in the air right under the referees nose. Then there's the times when you're desperate for a player to stay down rolling around injured for another minute or so to run the clock down to your £££.

Life on the edge.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I suggest drinking 1 finger for any of the following:

Italians get in behind Glen Johnson
Jack Wilshere falls on his arse
Stevie G 40 yard ball goes straight out of play
Oxo / Sterling run into a blind alley
Sturridge / Welbeck blasts the ball wide when well-placed
Close-up shot of Rooney's red, sweaty face
Close-up of Roy looking worried.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
A game of Pass the Straw (or beermat) can be fun when watching the soccerball with an large group.

Everyone puts in a quid at the start. You select a minute in the game according to the clock on the screen (so if its the start of the game, select say the 10.00 minute mark). Every time the ball goes "dead", ie out for a throw, a corner, a goal, a foul, whatever, the straw gets passed to the person on your right, who keeps hold of it until the next time it goes dead. Whoever is left holding the straw when the selected minute arrives (down to the SECOND) wins the pot. You can then start again, selecting the 15.00 minute or 20.00 minute mark, whatever.

Sounds a bit ANAL I know, but as the clock ticks down, the tension for the ball to stay in play, or for someone NOT to commit a foul, can become nerve-shredding if you are in possession, or next in line to receive the straw. I was within 2 seconds of winning £13 (yes THIRTEEN pounds) one time, until Frank Lampard booted some Ukrainian up in the air right under the referees nose. Then there's the times when you're desperate for a player to stay down rolling around injured for another minute or so to run the clock down to your £££.

Life on the edge.

We often play this in the pub. Many times towards the end, it becomes more exciting that the match itself!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We often play this in the pub. Many times towards the end, it becomes more exciting that the match itself!

Yup, makes even the dullest game interesting.

I sat at the bar once watching 2 guys playing it for a FIVER a round, so obviously it just alternated between them 50/50. One of the blokes absolutely cleaned up, he won about 5 out of 6, something ridiculous. The loser was tearing his hair out, especially as at least a couple of times he was within a few seconds of winning. Hilarious for us watching though.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yup, makes even the dullest game interesting.

I sat at the bar once watching 2 guys playing it for a FIVER a round, so obviously it just alternated between them 50/50. One of the blokes absolutely cleaned up, he won about 5 out of 6, something ridiculous. The loser was tearing his hair out, especially as at least a couple of times he was within a few seconds of winning. Hilarious for us watching though.

I like the idea of every 15 minutes. We usually just play one round per half. Think I'll try and introduce the 15 minute rule as a "World Cup Special" :thumbsup:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

Life on the edge.

We have traditionally played something more high stakes!!

Same principle but you hold the glass with the money in and every time the ball goes out of play the person holding the glass adds a pound and passes it on. Whoever is holding the glass at the half time whistle keeps the money (and settles the bar tab run up during the half!). Game restarts when the game restarts.

A LOT of money can ride on this version depending on the game but whether the bar tab wipes out your winnings is the worry!

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
If Motson is commentating, have a drink every time he does one of those "Ha-HA!" pointlesss laughs to give himself thinking time, or where he's fallen over his own words. You'll be hammered before the teams have finished their warm-up.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I like the idea of every 15 minutes. We usually just play one round per half. Think I'll try and introduce the 15 minute rule as a "World Cup Special" :thumbsup:

Thats the beauty of it isn't it, you can do it as many times as you like through the game. A 5 minute rapid round, or a 20 minute slow-burner. Spain are a bit of a mare with this game, they hang on to the ball for AGES. Best to set a longer timescale with them.

We have traditionally played something more high stakes!!

Same principle but you hold the glass with the money in and every time the ball goes out of play the person holding the glass adds a pound and passes it on. Whoever is holding the glass at the half time whistle keeps the money (and settles the bar tab run up during the half!). Game restarts when the game restarts.

A LOT of money can ride on this version depending on the game but whether the bar tab wipes out your winnings is the worry!

Jesus, that could get VERY expensive...like it though.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Jesus, that could get VERY expensive...like it though.

Yeah, we used to play stupid games like "credit card roulette" regularly.

Run up a bar tab all afternoon, then all throw a credit card onto the table and the bar man/maid chooses one at random to settle the bill with!
(fortunately, back in those days a number of us were "expensed up" and could hide an occasional large bar bill among the business-related ones).

leo1901

May 22, 2014

Life on the edge.

I'd never heard of this or the variations posted but it sounds delightful! Thanks

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I'd never heard of this or the variations posted but it sounds delightful! Thanks

270619_156650341075161_4110964_n.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here